cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: How to reduce the space that BT Cloud takes up on my internal Hard Disks (Mac and PC)?

It wouldn't be ok for me I'm afraid.  I want everything that is current available on a local drive.  But stuff that can just be archived I store on my NAS as well as on BT Cloud.  If there isn't sufficient disk space to accommodate all current stuff you add some more.

I got around this by using my LAN to store all user files, regardless of where they were created, on the one computer that has loads of disk space.  That way I have no need at all for BT cloud sync with all its problems and complications.

Dinner time!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Re: How to reduce the space that BT Cloud takes up on my internal Hard Disks (Mac and PC)?

I had an idea which was to use an external SSD, Thunderbolt connected, to hold all my BT-Cloud data and that way, I would be free of the constrained size of my internal SSD

So I turned off SYNC as you've suggested and I went to BACKUP to add the now displaced folder

Sadly, I was thwarted with the message

'/Volumes/xxxxx/BT' is a protected path and cannot be backed up bt BT Cloud

What on earth does that mean? Protected by who? And why should an external drive have more protection than an internal one?

Is there any way to circumvent this?

If there isn't, am I just left with the option to turn off sync, delete my local BT-Cloud folder and then just download the items that I must have locally?

I can't help having the feeling that having 1TB of BT Cloud storage is about as functionally useful as having an ashtray on a motorbike!

Thanks,

Mino

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Can't help you with that one, other than the obvious suggestion to clone to a bigger disk.  Would be interested to hear whether the move from Sync to Backup has made any significant improvement to your disk space problem.

I'm a backup nutter so can't go along with your assessment of BT Cloud.  It just quietly does its job without bothering me at all and one day I'll be glad I had it.

0 Ratings