cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oluakinyem
Message 2 of 6

How to turn BT Fon/WIFI off and SSID broadcast on bt infinity smart hub

Hello,

I am unable to turn off / opt out of BT wifi with FON.  I recently signed up for BT infinity fibre and I have been trying to find the option to opt out of BT Wifi but I could not find it on my Smart Hub nor on myBT account page.  I also tried logging into the BT WIfi site but it does not recognise my BT account loging details: https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do and i dont seem to have a bt internet email account setup either.

Secondly i am also trying to stop my SSID broacast being visible but I cant seem to find the option too on the smart Hub. I had the option with Sky and it is an added security check i want to apply.

Please can you help me unsubscribe from the BT WIfi and advise how to turn on Wifi broadcast on the BT Smart hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
oluakinyem
Message 1 of 6

Re: How to turn BT Fon/WIFI off?

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  I recently signed up for BT infinity fibre and I have been trying to find the option to opt out of BT Wifi but I could not find it on my Smart Hub.  I also tried logging into the BT WIfi site but it does not recognise my BT account loging details: https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do

Secondly i am also trying to stop my SSID broacast being visible but I cant seem to find the option too on the smart Hub. I had the option with Sky and it is an added security check i want to apply.

Please can you help me unsubscribe from the BT WIfi and advise how to turn on Wifi broadcast on the BT Smart hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: How to turn BT Fon/WIFI off?

Welcome to this user forum.

Login to MyBT and go to "my extras". You will find an option there for BT Wifi.

You cannot hide the SSID on the BT Home hubs.

0 Ratings
oluakinyem
Message 4 of 6

Re: How to turn BT Fon/WIFI off and SSID broadcast on bt infinity smart hub

Hi Keith_Beddoe,

Thank you for your response. I already checked my account and the My extras section and could not find it there too.
There is no such option currently available under my account.
0 Ratings
oluakinyem
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith_Beddoe,

Thank you for your response. I already checked my account and the My extras section and could not find it there too.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@oluakinyem wrote:
Hi Keith_Beddoe,

This page has the instructions. Opt out of BT Wifi

0 Ratings