Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SuperMum901
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

I can't connect to BT WIifi Hotspots

Hiya,

I have a fault which is currently being looked at, but it means I have no internet. I have a BT Wifi hotspot near me, but when I try logging on with my 'My BT' log in details it isn't accepting me? How am I able to log on to the hotspot so I can access the internet?

I am okay for a couple of days because I have only just joined and I am still on my resignation notice period for VM so I am still connected via my VM hub... but when that runs out I will have no internet access so need to get this sorted ASAP.

I am definitely typing in the correct log in details that let me have access to this site, do I need new log in details for the hotspots?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: I can't connect to BT WIifi Hotspots

you log into the BT WiFi hotspot using you BT email address and password
0 Ratings
SuperMum901
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

How do I get a BT email address and password?

I log on using the same details I use to log on to BT normally... do I need to find a different email address then? And if so do I need to set up another account or is it already ready? Sorry I am completely new to this please explain it to me in laymens terms?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

BT in their infinite wisdom have made a complete dog's breakfast of this. Have a look at this thread for guidance.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Apps-and-Extras-from-BT/My-BT-ID-and-Bt-Wifi/td-p/1493704

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@SuperMum901 wrote:

Hiya,

I have a fault which is currently being looked at, but it means I have no internet. I have a BT Wifi hotspot near me, but when I try logging on with my 'My BT' log in details it isn't accepting me? How am I able to log on to the hotspot so I can access the internet?

I am okay for a couple of days because I have only just joined and I am still on my resignation notice period for VM so I am still connected via my VM hub... but when that runs out I will have no internet access so need to get this sorted ASAP.

I am definitely typing in the correct log in details that let me have access to this site, do I need new log in details for the hotspots?

You may be having the same problem as in this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Apps-and-Extras-from-BT/My-BT-ID-and-Bt-Wifi/td-p/1493704

As given in the post above that I have just noticed.

Read messages 1 and 18 as the posts in between will probably confuse you.

0 Ratings