cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 72

Re: I can't connect to the BT WIFI hotspots.

Go to solution

Yes.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 12 of 72

Go to solution

I also cannot connect to BTWiFi with or without Fon on my iPhone 3G. I do not use a special app.

I have a BT phone line, use BT for internet and have a Btinternet email address. There must be a BT hotspot very near my home, because the BTWiFi-with-Fon signal is so strong that it overrides my own wifi from my BT hub. I have had to disable automatic connection for BTWiFi-with-Fon in my iPhone so that the phone can connect to my own wifi around the house.

Wherever I am, however, if I am near a BT hotspot and I try to connect to BTWiFi-with-fon, I cannot do so — and, significantly, there seems to be no way of enterting my BT username and password.

If someone from BT were to contact me about this, I should be grateful.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 72

Go to solution

See link about how to connect

http://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/login-with-bt/connect-using-your-mobile-device.jsp#iphone

No one from BT will contact you about this, this forum is a BT customer to customer forum.

You can contact the BTWifi help line if you are still having problems.

• calling  0800 022 33 22
  • calling 0330 123 3000 from a mobile
0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 14 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you for this. But I had aleady tried following the procedure described on the link you have given me long ago, and I have checked again just now. A tick appears next tor BTWiFi-with-fon just as shown in the picture, but the wifi icon at the top of my phone's screen does not appear, showing that I am not connected via wifi.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 15 of 72

Go to solution

Further info.:

1) I have confirmed that I do not get a connection with BTWiFi-with-FON.

2) The BT WiFi app. will not work on my iPhone 3G and iOS 4.2.1 (the latter being the latest iOS that will work on my phone).

3) Tonight I had a 'chat' in the BT contact system with someone called Christopher who told me to go to www.btwifi.com. There I was invited to choose a package. But I already have a package that includes internet and email. I was also offered paid-for WiFi. But I understand that as a BT customer I can get free WiFi, so I went to 'Free', where I was invited to download the app. But see 2) above.

Has any reader any further suggestions? I would prefer not to try to deal with this matter by telephone. I am somewhat hard of hearing, and have had unfortunate past experiences with BT's help phone lines.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 16 of 72

Go to solution

One further question: if I go to Settings > WiFi and tap the arrow to the right of 'BTWiFi-with-Fon', at the bottom of the resulting page there is a slot for 'Client ID'.What should I enter here? I have tried my BT user name and my BT password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 72

Go to solution

@Michael_Graubart wrote:

I also cannot connect to BTWiFi with or without Fon on my iPhone 3G. I do not use a special app.

I have a BT phone line, use BT for internet and have a Btinternet email address. There must be a BT hotspot very near my home, because the BTWiFi-with-Fon signal is so strong that it overrides my own wifi from my BT hub. I have had to disable automatic connection for BTWiFi-with-Fon in my iPhone so that the phone can connect to my own wifi around the house.

Wherever I am, however, if I am near a BT hotspot and I try to connect to BTWiFi-with-fon, I cannot do so — and, significantly, there seems to be no way of enterting my BT username and password.

If someone from BT were to contact me about this, I should be grateful.

Without the app, open a browser and try to connect to a webpage. You should be presented with a landing page where you will need to enter your login details. All the app does is automate this process.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 72

Go to solution

Before doing anything else you should check your BTWifi status. You can do that on this link.

You must use your Primary email address not a sub account.

If you are a "new" user to BT you should be Opted in.

If you have a BTID, to make life easier this should be the same as your BT email address and password.

If you are not opted in, you should register. If you have any problems with that you will need to contact the Help line and they should be able to assist with getting your username and password sorted out. 

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 19 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you, 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 72

Go to solution

Once you have scanned and found the BTWifi signal you click on it and allow it to connect. You must then open a web browser page and this should auto direct to the BTWifi landing page where you select BTBroadband as the type of user and then log on.

To log on to BTWifi you should use your BT email address ie. Joe.Bloggs@btinternet.com and the email password.

If you have set up a BTID you are supposed to be able to use that but some users have found that it only works when their BTID username and password is the same as their BT email address and password.

0 Ratings