cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 72

Re: I can't connect to the BT WIFI hotspots.

Go to solution

If that doesn't work on your phone, do exactly the same with a borrowed phone. The only details you will need to enter will be on the landing page not on the borrowed phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 72

Go to solution

.... or if you have a laptop or wireless computer. Disconnect from your home network and try connecting to BTWifi which should be transmitting from your Homehub.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 53 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you, both. I shall have to borrow a device from someone and cannot do that for a while. If I manage to do that in a few days, I shall post the outcome here. In the meantime I have posted the question of whether there might be a problem with using an old device like my iPhone 3G on the iPhone forum, and if I get a substantive reply I shall post that here, too.

Thank you both again for engaging in this long and valuable discussion.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 72

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 72

Go to solution

As far as I am aware there is no reason why an iPhone 3G should not connect to BTWifi.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 56 of 72

Go to solution

So it's back to square one! 'As far as I am aware there is no reason why an iPhone 3G should not connect to BTWifi.' In that case my problem must be an accounts or settings problem, and borrowing my grand-daughter's iPhone will not help.

I have been through precisely the procedure described above by Licquorice so many times that I have lost count. But the page illustrated by gg30340 has never appeared; instead the pagei llustrated by my two screen-shots in answer to gg30340 appears, and this has no link for connecting with the BT WiFi. And the landing page has never appeared. I cannot do more than go through the procedure described by Licquorice yet once more, but I can hardly expect any other outcome than the one I have already seen so many times.

I have two more, admittedly unlikely, suggestions, or rather questions.

1. Can the failure to arrive at any of the relevant pages have anything to do with EE.uk as my mobile-phone company?

2. If I click on the little triangle to the right of 'BTWiFi-with-FON' in Settings, I arrive at the page shown in the two screen-shots attached below. Should any of the settings in that page be altered?

IMG_0233.PNG

IMG_0234.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 72

Go to solution

Try turning auto login off.

Click on "forget network" then set it up again following the prevoius instructions. Do Not enter any passwords or user names if you are asked to at the connection stage. You only enter them on the landing page.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 58 of 72

Go to solution

I have had auto login and auto join turned off all the time (because otherwise, here at home, the BTWiFi signal from a nearby hotspot overrides my own WiFi).

I tapped 'Forget this network'. The details for BTWiFi-FON disappeared, just as shown in your attached image. I then selected BTWiFi-FON manually in WiFi settings, opened Safari and entered www.btwifi.com. What opened was once more the 'wrong' page illustrated by my screen-shots in an earlier post, not the one that would have allowed me to proceed.

I then tried forgetting the network again, but then turning WiFi off altogether. The result was the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 59 of 72

Go to solution

Problem solved!!!

On the 'wrong' btwifi page, there is a tiny link which I had never noticed on all my previous visits to that page: 'My account'. Tapping that link led me to the 'right' btwifi page, and after that all was plain sailing.

I hope this discovery may help others who have had this difficulty. BT could help if they made it clear on the 'wrong' page that one had to click on 'My account'.

My sincere thanks to both of you who have taken part in this very lengthy dialogue. Without your patience and knowledge I would never have arrived at this satisfactory conclusion.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 60 of 72

Go to solution
Glad to hear you can now use BTWifi on your iPhone.
0 Ratings