cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
414 Views
Message 21 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

@JohnBergqvist wrote:

@licquorice wrote:

What credentials are you using that allows you to log in? They should be the same credentials that allow you to opt out.


Log into which?

 

 


To BT fon, you say you can log into it.

0 Ratings
Reply
JohnBergqvist
Contributor
382 Views
Message 22 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

You said "My Router is telling me that BT Wifi is active, and I can see the FON SSID (and also log into it with my bt ID no problem at all - so if i was truly opted out, it would stop me from doing so),"

 

You should be able to use your BTID credentials that you log on with there to Opt out. 

 


Can you post me a screenshot so i know i'm looking at the right page.

 

When I say "log into it with my BT ID" in the post above, I meant the page that lets you browse the net. However it's the Opt-Out page that I am unable to log into.

 

Let's clear things up: I CAN log into the page that actually lets you use BT Wifi. But it's the "Check Status" page that I CAN'T log into, in order to opt-out.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
376 Views
Message 23 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

Just to clarify.

 

When you normally surf the Internet, you are connected to your Homehub which is your own private home network. It means you are connected to your Homehub SSid (name) which is named something like BTHomehub-xxxxxx.

 

When you log onto the  BTWifi netwwork you are connected to the SSid(name) BTWifi- with-Fon or something similar.

 

The Opt out links are here

 

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi%3F

 

If you can use BTWifi it means you are Opted in. If you want to Opt out you need to use the username and password that you use to log onto BTWifi.

 

You do not need to log on to or use a BT page to browse the net. It would apper that all you are doing is logging onto your "MyBT" which you don't need to.

 

If you open your web browser, you can surf the net without logging onto anything.

 

0 Ratings
Reply
JohnBergqvist
Contributor
370 Views
Message 24 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

The Opt out links are here

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

If you can use BTWifi it means you are Opted in. If you want to Opt out you need to use the username and password that you use to log onto BTWifi.

OK, well I definitely can use BT Wifi (as opposed to my home wifi), so I am opted-in right?

 

When I visit the above page, I press the "Check status" button, and enter the same username & password that ive used to log into BT Wifi. I get an "invalid username" error and I can't progress any further, so I am unable to opt-out. What can I do?

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
356 Views
Message 25 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

As per message 12, phone the help line  0800 022 33 22

0 Ratings
Reply
JohnBergqvist
Contributor
343 Views
Message 26 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

As per message 12, phone the help line  0800 022 33 22


I've done that. They've told me that as far as they can see, i'm already opted-out & that I shouldn't be able to sign into BT Wifi as a result... So they won't take it any further.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
334 Views
Message 27 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

If the BTWifi Help Line have checked and see you are Opted out and can not help any further I can't see what more that can be done on this forum.

0 Ratings
Reply
JohnBergqvist
Contributor
329 Views
Message 28 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

If the BTWifi Help Line have checked and see you are Opted out and can not help any further I can't see what more that can be done on this forum.


What do you think I should I do then? Raise a complaint with them?

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
323 Views
Message 29 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.


0 Ratings
Reply
Moderator
Moderator
318 Views
Message 30 of 37

Re: I cannot opt-out of BT Wifi/FON because I do not have a @btinternet.com address?

Go to solution

Hi @JohnBergqvist,

 

We'll take a look into it for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few working days to reply to you but we will.

 

Thanks

 

DanielS

0 Ratings
Reply