cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

I have no access to BT parental controls

Go to solution
I recently upgraded my broadband service and now my Parental Controls are not working and won't activate/switch on

Can someone help me please. I have no access to a majority of sights and my browser automatically switches to safe search no matter how many times I have switched it off. Apple insists that this is down to my ISP. I did a factory reset as instructed over the phone by customer service which didn’t work and disrupted everything as had personalised name and password and connected device names so had to do that again. 

I have tried switching the parental controls on then off then on again without success using the  security tab in mybt.com (using my laptop) and my BT app on iPhone 11 Pro  to activate parental controls and when I hit it the tab it then says they will be activated within 2 hours, but two weeks later still nothing.  They are obviously active despite the suggestion they are not as they are blocking most websites and I have to switch to 4g on my mobile to browse the web. I have gotten nowhere with customer service and the person who was supposed to be helping decided to close my complaint without resolving it. I will be escalating this. His solution was giving me instructions on how to get to the manage my security page however that is not the problem I’m faced with which is that these options don’t work for me and it’s been two weeks now!! This also the same for BT web protect, Bt virus key and true key. 

It seems my settings access/control is not linked to my account. 

Anyone able to help please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: I have no access to BT parental controls

Go to solution

Hi @Tkayone,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry you're having problems with the Parental Controls not working. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: I have no access to BT parental controls

Go to solution

Thanks so much, all sorted now finally!! A massive thanks to you PaddyB & Stewart from Bt who helped resolve this issue. 

Regards

0 Ratings