cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Install BT Virus Protect on a secondary disk drive

Go to solution

Hi,

I find BT Virus Protect is taking up too much space on my solid state drive C:   I want to re install it on my larger D:.

Windows 10 re-direction of new apps button, has no effect and the program is just re installed back on C:.

Is there any way to direct a new install to save itself on to a 😧 drive ?

Regards,

John C

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Install BT Virus Protect on a secondary disk drive

Go to solution

I would suspect that it must be on the same drive as the operating system because it runs in conjunction with the operating system at start up and that would not be the case if it was on a different drive which would only be found after the operating system has started.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes I see your point.   Windows 10 and other essential programs are getting bigger with each update and my solid state drive C: can't cope.    I'm boxed in and don't have enough space to run the programs I need.     Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

So don't bother with BT virus protect, just use Windows Defender which is installed as well anyway.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I found virus software was getting so big and slowing my system down too - tried 2-3 different 'big' names.

I leave it to Windows 10 now to look after itself.

@licquoricewrote:

So don't bother with BT virus protect, just use Windows Defender which is installed as well anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes you are right.  I Have dumped BT Virus Protect for being to bloated.   My PC is now behaving much better without it.  thanks every one for their comments.    May be BT will get the message.  Big is not Beautiful....

John C.

0 Ratings