cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Is it possible to freeze my BT Sports App monthly subscription?

Go to solution

Hello,

I am planning to purchase the BT Sports App monthly subscription add-on to my broadband. This means that I have to renew my broadband for another 24 months, which is fine.
However, I only watch moto GP which runs from March to November and I would be paying for 3 months without actually watching anything.
Would it be possible to freeze the subscription in November and "unfreeze" it again in March the following year? I wouldn't want to cancel it and having to renew my broadband for 2 years every time.

Thanks

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Is it possible to freeze my BT Sports App monthly subscription?

Go to solution

Subscription via the BT Sport App is a rolling monthly contract. But if you bundle it with your broadband, it'll be for a minimum term which will probably be 2 years in your case.

Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@petrucci9wrote:

I am planning to purchase the BT Sports App monthly subscription add-on to my broadband. This means that I have to renew my broadband for another 24 months, which is fine.
However, I only watch moto GP which runs from March to November and I would be paying for 3 months without actually watching anything.
Would it be possible to freeze the subscription in November and "unfreeze" it again in March the following year? I wouldn't want to cancel it and having to renew my broadband for 2 years every time.

You can't freeze it in the manner described.

You either get it alongside your broadband on a 24 month contract for a reduced figure per month (I believe the current list price is £16), or you PAYG at £25 per month turning it on and off as needed.

My simple maths tells me you would pay £384 with the discounted rate on a 24 month contract versus £450 over the same period using the PAYG method and only using it for 18 months.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you for your quick response.
What if I add the BT Sport Ultimate Bolt-on? It says that for £5/month extra it'd be a 30 day rolling contract. 
Would it be possible to freeze the contract or avoid the 24month broadband renew using this?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@petrucci9wrote:

What if I add the BT Sport Ultimate Bolt-on? It says that for £5/month extra it'd be a 30 day rolling contract. 

The bolt on might be, but the BT Sport app is either PAYG or a 24 month contract.

What I would like to understand is the version of BT Sport app you have, because if you are watching it on a big screen, it will deliver BT Sport Ultimate regardless if your broadband speed is fast enough and the device you are using supports it, no bolt on required.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I don't have any at the moment. I found the bolt-on when applying for the standard BT Sport App, as an option before checkout.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Do you know if it would be possible to cancel the Sports app subscription but still keep the broadband contract? And what would be the sports app cancellation fee? Sorry but I find quite difficult to find this information in the BT website.
Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

The cancellation fee would be the remainder of the contract I'd imagine. If you only want BT Sport on a limited time basis, the better option is to renew your broadband without BT Sport and then subscribe to BT Sport via the app as a standalone product as this is a rolling 30 day contract. 

Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@petrucci9wrote:

Do you know if it would be possible to cancel the Sports app subscription but still keep the broadband contract? And what would be the sports app cancellation fee? Sorry but I find quite difficult to find this information in the BT website.
Thanks

What @NigelB72 said.

I don't know why you are being offered a BT Sport Ultimate bolt-on if you are buying the normal BT Sport app, because as I said before, the app should deliver the best quality available within certain parameters.

I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware the only bolt on to the BT Sport app is if you have the mobile only version. Then you can buy a monthly bolt on that allows you to watch it on a big screen. 

So your options remain as posted earlier, 24 month contract but cheaper overall or PAYG and higher cost but more flexibility. 

————————————————————-
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote:

I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware the only bolt on to the BT Sport app is if you have the mobile only version. Then you can buy a monthly bolt on that allows you to watch it on a big screen.

It was confirmed recently that bizarrely, this option is only available to EE subscribers.