cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Is it possible to freeze my BT Sports App monthly subscription?

Go to solution

@rbz5416wrote:

@stereohavenwrote:

I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware the only bolt on to the BT Sport app is if you have the mobile only version. Then you can buy a monthly bolt on that allows you to watch it on a big screen.

It was confirmed recently that bizarrely, this option is only available to EE subscribers.

There you go, thanks @rbz5416 

So I have no idea what monthly "BT Sport Ultimate" bolt on you are seeing @petrucci9, perhaps you can share a screenshot?

That said, you can't do what you have asked and you only have the two choices already presented as far as I am aware.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks, I have decided to replace my SIM with a BT one and get the mobile app version, which is much cheaper.
Here is the screenshot:

petrucci9_0-1646310227557.png

Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Be aware that'll you will only be able to watch BT Sport on the mobile app and the full screen app with that subscription level

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Yes, I am aware of that. Do you know if I have to wait to receive the SIM and activate it to get access to the Sports mobile app or is it accessible immediately after placing the SIM order?
Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

I'd imagine you can activate it as soon as the account is live.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

I have to admit, I still don't understand the pricing here, or why you have a 'BT Sport Ultimate' bolt-on rather than "large screen".

I don't have any BT products to test currently, but if I just look at the BT Mobile section of the main website and select that I have BT Broadband, then I can buy a BT Mobile SIM with the BT Sport app included, for much less than your screenshot:

12 month contract12 month contract

From £15 a month for 12 months and 25GB of data, or even more with a 24 month contract:

24 month contract24 month contract

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@stereohaven 

Again, if you're a BT customer subscribing to BT sport through a BT SIM, the full app/large screen option isn't available to you. You can only access that by leaving BT & becoming an EE customer. Even allowing for the fact that one owns the other, it's a pretty bizarre business model.

Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Bizarre. 

I was told by a Marketing colleague once that BT are one of the companies most well known in the industry for being a major user of confusion marketing. I have no idea if it is a conscious business decision or not, but it is a mess.

A company (like many others), that want their customers to self serve efficiently but fail to provide the information and correct online journeys to do so. 

Oh well, as long as the original poster is happy. 👍🏻

————————————————————-
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

I've just noticed that the EE plans sold on the BT web site offer the Monthly Sport pass for £20pm rather than the £25pm BT charge... 🤔