cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Is the BT WiFi hotspot opt-out being removed?

I've just moved over to digital voice and I notice in the SH2 settings that there is no option to deactivate the BT WiFi hotspot like there was in my previous SH1.

I tried doing it via the BT app but the bit that showed my products was being worked on so I couldn't do it that way.

I tried via the MyBT web page and the opt-out button is there but when you press it you get the 3 bouncing balls for about 30 secs then a red banner saying that there is a problem and BT are on it.

I then tried ringing BT, and after I'd finished getting my DV voicemail deactivated I asked the young lady if she could deactivate my WiFi hotspot. She confidently responded that she could. But after a few minutes of clicking around at her end and going off to speak to her supervisor - it turned out she couldn't. Mmmm.

I tried the BT app again this morning and my products have miraculously reappeared but WITHOUT any option to opt out of WiFi hot spot provision.

The only conclusion I can come to is that we are surreptitiously forced into having it. Like it or not. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is the BT WiFi hotspot opt-out being removed?

Well, I'm glad it cannot be deactivated. I was very happy to be able to use, presumably my neighbour's WiFi for a day or so when mine went down to some local exchange problem when there was some **bleep** up with crossed wires on my ADSL connection. I was able to sign on to BT/EE WiFi with my BT credentials.
0 Ratings