cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

ItvX

Sorry if in wrong section, not that tekkie.

I have Just gone over to BT, I have a (I think) youview box, when i received it and set it up I went into all feature apps and of course signed in on the ones I use often, all apps work  except ITVX I have signed in so that is fine and can click into it, although the app is showing as ITV app when it loads it says itvX, it shows all the usual sections (e.g our top pics, recommended programs and so on) soon as i click on something to watch, it does all the usual gumpf, adverts ect, and I think domino pizzas owe me a pizzza now with the amount of time I have watched them telling me how they sponsor itvX,  once its done all that goes to the program that I had clicked to watch, then it just sits there, the screen goes blank, no buffering, it does not even try to connect I get nothing at all, can anyone advise what i can do, I did think of taken the app off and downloading it again, but do not know how to 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: ItvX

I have found that ITV X is easily the worst streaming app and worse than even there older ITV player. My advice? Try another device? Set programs to record. 

To see if its an app problem or an internet problem, try another app like bbc iplayer. If that works and ITVx doesn't it would suggest a problem with ITV. 

Message 3 of 7

The likelihood is that it's just ITVX behaving like the substandard POS that ITV want the free version to be. Their theory seems to be if they make the free version absolutely awful people will pay for premium... Unfortunately BT have nothing to do with the ITVX app 

Message 4 of 7

The Player on Youview menus is simply described currently  as ITV . On the BT TV box Pro and Mini it will launch into a somewhat limited variant of ITV X , on the second and third generation BT TV boxes it still I believe launches the ITV Hub.

it is incredibly difficult to get any information out of ITV as to what their (ITV)  intentions are to provide the full  features of ITV X and address issues and shortcomings  already raised on the BT TV Box Pro.  Similarly no information is forthcoming  about the implementation on the older generation boxes which still seem to have itv hub.

Message 5 of 7

Hi thanks for your reply, all other apps work fine, just not the ITVx app
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I understand it's not a BT issue just did not know if there was a way around it, thank you
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Shezzamimms  Unfortunately one of the frustrating things about  YouView box  app management is that you cannot simply reinstall a single app.  A box reset using the maintenance mode settings or a full factory reset would reinstall the app but also all the other apps and depending on the options you select could remove your recording schedule and indeed delete your recordings. 
 I will move your post to a BT TV area of the forum where there might be further advice.

0 Ratings