cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Joining BT FON? will this slow my home WiFi?

If I activate BT Fon Hotspot around my residence by selecting to opt through my BT internet address on my BT Broadband Router (Home Hub 3) to activate BT FON hot spot, will it slow down my Home WiFi net work?

What is the benifit in activating BT Fon Hot sopt by allowing my BT Home Hub 3 to create a bandwith of my broadband?

regards

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Joining BT FON? will this slow my home WiFi?

No will not affect your home network and shouls anyone use the btfononnection the home network gets priority

by activating btwifi which is normal you benefit from being able to connect to hotspots when out and about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Activating BT Fon will have an affect on your bandwidth but it should be only slightly, having said that, I noticed that my hub became unreliable in terms of connection and therefor opted out again. This restored reliability.
Going back to bandwidth, yes it will affect it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

There's confirmation from BT here that imj's answer is correct.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings