cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxc
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Just signed up "Start using your wi-fi now", but how?

Hi there,

Just signed up for BT Superfast Broadband at home and currently have no connection at all, so keen to get access to BT Wifi until it goes live.

The welcome email says "Start using your wi-fi now", but when I log into my old BT ID, there's no live service on there. How do I get the new account linked with my existing BT ID (or a new BT ID)? I have an order reference but there's no account number in the welcome email.

Thanks for any advice!

Max

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just signed up "Start using your wi-fi now", but how?

When you created the new account you would of provided an email address, that is your BT ID.
Shortly after the order is placed, you would of recieved an email asking you to activate the BT ID, that link allows you to create the password, you should then be able to view your new account at www.bt.com/mybt

If you can't do that, you can contact the BT billing team, they handle support for BT ID's.

0 Ratings
maxc
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, there's been a BT ID with my email address for many years and clicking on the activate link says "Sorry, we can't find a BT ID which needs to be activated".

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 5

It'll be because you used it previously, billing are closed now but open again at 8am tomorrow, ring 0800 800 150 and ask for billing.
They'll need to validate you to a high level, they'll sort it all in one go for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @maxc 

Welcome and thanks for posting on our forum.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

0 Ratings