cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melpomene
Message 1 of 3

Letter regarding Parental Controls

Hello

Recieved a letter from BT saying that I've chosen not to activate Parental Controls.  I don't recall being asked about this but it is not that that is bothering me.  Although I have BT Broadband and e-mail addresses I have never set up MY BT and would like know whether having a MY BT account was necessary in selecting whether or not I wanted Parental Controls.  The letter stated that if I wished to change settings I had to go through MY BT. 

I would also like to know if there was any way I could check whether someone could have set up a MT BT account without my knowledge.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Letter regarding Parental Controls

BT had to contact all its customers giving them the option to set up parental controls. If I recall this was done through MyBT and you had either accept or reject setting them up. As you obviously did neither because you have not got a MyBT account BT must have decided to write to you about them.

You need to set up MyBT so that you can manage your BT account and "My Extras" such as Parental controls, setting up extra email addresses and other "free" extras.

You need your BT account details and an email address to set up a MyBT. It would obviously depend if your gave your account details to anybody else as they would need that to set up your MyBT.

If somebody else has set up MyBT with your account details, when you try to set up MyBT it would prevent you giving a warning such as "MyBT is already set up with those details" 

If you want to set up MyBT see this link

https://www.bt.com/appsprofile/registration/signup.do?addAccountMandate=Y&s_cid=con_FURL_consumersig...

0 Ratings
Melpomene
Message 3 of 3

Re: Letter regarding Parental Controls

Thank you very much for your help

0 Ratings