cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: Licences on BT Virus Protect NOT SOLVED

Go to solution

I also had up to 15 licences previously and got the letter from BT this morning to change over to Norton from McAffee. I found out the hard way that I now have only 2 Norton licences when attempting to update a third device. The installer removed the McAfee virus protection before not allowing the Norton installation as the 2 licences were used.

I had no idea about this issue or would not have proceeded.

BT this is a disgrace to leave us with unprotected computers with no warning at all in this day and age. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

What broadband package do you have @JohnG  ? the name of the broadband promotion will be on your bill if you're unsure.

The terms haven't changed with how many licenceses you have, the only reason could be you previously had 15 in error and the change has highlighted that, that isn't a BT change of terms, it means you had something you shouldn't for free.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution
Hi Richie, Fibre 1 currently, unsure of it's name before that. I have a screenshot showing that I had 15 licenses prior to the change to Norton. I always had this with the package when I upgraded to max speed in my area.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Re: Licences on BT Virus Protect Clarification needed

Go to solution

Hi Moderator,

I am on Fibre 1 Halo … the fastest we can get in our area… so how many licences can I anticipate after March? I was presentlypromised 15 when I renewed my contract, but have only ever used 3/4….( as the antivirus is no good for Ipad and Macs. ) However I will be quite upset if I have to buy an extra licence. BT really MUST inform its customers individually before March, OR there will be a multitude of laptops throughout the country without any Antivirus PROTECTION, no doubt many customers unaware that their Mcafee has gone completely. It will be a gift for hackers on 1st April!!!  

I shall certainly consider not renewing my contract if there is such a reduction… I see that I can buy Norton for only £9 a year from Currys. The Virus Protect was something I valued in my Broadband, and as a result I have stayed with BT loyally for a number of years. However, I can secure other Broadband far cheaper, so might be better off in the end. But I really would like BT to give us a fair warning of change.

Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

@JohnGwrote:
Hi Richie, Fibre 1 currently, unsure of it's name before that.

Fibre 1 includes 2 licences, it always has even when it was called Infinity 1, have you previously been on a higher package like Fibre 2 (previously Infinity 2) ?

Message 16 of 28

Go to solution
Hi Richie, Thanks for the update.
I have always had the maximum speed available currently 80mbps.
I did have Infinity 2 years ago, on a re-contract they told me that the name then changed to Halo 1 and subsequently later they told me it has now changed to Fibre 1 and I always remained on the highest speed available.
I was told at these re-contracts that all my terms and conditions remained the same, which is what I wanted, and it was just that the name had changed. Apparently I am finding out the hard way that this was not the case. As I said I have a screenshot of my current plan Fibre 1 which shows I have 15 licences.
Feel like I have had the wool pulled over my eyes and been lied to during these re-contracting negotiations where I have always asked for and got the same conditions, they told me that only the name had changed.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

I have 2 BT broadband accounts, one for home and one for another property.  One package allows me 2 Norton licenses and the other should allow me the full 15.  Having used the 2 licenses at home, I tried switching to the other account but Norton still thinks I have used up all my licenses.  How do I access the others?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

I am getting really annoyed at BT OVER THIS… Many parts of the country cannot get higher speeds….  If it is two licences for everyone, then they need to tell us directly, so we can make provisions. The extra bought in Norton licences are a rip off… just look at prices from Currys which are four times lower!!!  Can the moderators suggest to their managers that there needs to be fair notice of this.  I apparently will be losing mine MID-CONTRACT …. How is that acceptable?

WHAT IS HAPPENING  to BT? They used to be such a good company, with the customers’ interests at heart.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

… and dont get me started on BTcloud, which is a mess in itself… That is going to be well hacked on April Fools Day if so many customers losing their Virus protect unknowingly.

… come on BT. Just let us know what is happening!

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

@JohnGwrote:
Hi Richie, Thanks for the update.
I have always had the maximum speed available currently 80mbps.
I did have Infinity 2 years ago, on a re-contract they told me that the name then changed to Halo 1 and subsequently later they told me it has now changed to Fibre 1 and I always remained on the highest speed available.

Then it makes more sense now, previously you had 15 licenses, you used a few then downgraded, the existing licenses that were active remained active, now there's a change it's correctly limiting you to 2 licences.
The exact wording is :

You've changed your broadband package and you’re now entitled to two licences

If you've changed your broadband package, you may only be eligible for two licences. If this is the case and you’ve already used more than two, BT Virus Protect will continue to work on all your computers but you won’t be able to add any new ones. To add new computers, you’ll need to cancel the others down to less than two, so you can add the subscription to your new one.

0 Ratings