cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andyfresher
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Logging on to BT open zone

I have set my parents my BT up... They have a user name which is a gmail account but the openzone asks for btinternet email address.. Is this necessary or where do I source it?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Logging on to BT open zone

you need the primary btinternet.com address to login.  this woiuld have been provided at outset and will be used to login to email account on btyahoo

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Steveharman
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Exactly the same problem here. I can find no record of an @btinternet.com account - I signed up with my Gmail address but BT Wifi insists on me logging in with an @btinternet address which I don't have. The initially helpful @btcare on Twitter have now gone quiet on me too.

Why can't I connect to BT wifi using the same email address I use for all my othe BT services? Crazy.

Steve
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Steveharman wrote:
@Exactly the same problem here. I can find no record of an @btinternet.com account - I signed up with my Gmail address but BT Wifi insists on me logging in with an @btinternet address which I don't have. The initially helpful @btcare on Twitter have now gone quiet on me too.

Why can't I connect to BT wifi using the same email address I use for all my othe BT services? Crazy.

Steve

When you first signed up with BT they will have given you a btinternet.com email address. If you use BTYahoo webmail it will be the same email address and password that you use to log into that. It is not necessarily the same as you use to sign onto MyBT or you BTid. If you can't remember it you will have to contact BT and ask them to send it to you. You will need to answer the security questions that you set up when you first signed up with BT.