cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Pw103
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Lost access to all broadband settings in My BT including Parental Controls

Hi, I've just spent an hour on online chat and half an hour on the phone trying to get this resolved.

I've lost access to things like parental controls in My BT, the broadband icon is greyed out and when you go into manage your settings it now only shows options for the phone none of the Broadband options are there anymore?

They clearly didn't believe what I was telling them and we kept going round in circles, very frustrating 😩

This is has only happened since I signed up for an 18 month contract extension for which the order is still being processed so I guess maybe it's something to do with this.

Anyone else had experience of this or know how to get it resolved?

Any advice appreciated πŸ‘

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lost access to all broadband settings in My BT including Parental Controls

You have answered your own question. Wait until your order is completed and your options should come back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pw103
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

But the order is not due to complete until 21st November, so 2 months without access to any Broadband settings surely that can't be right!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Why is your order taking 2 months to complete. If you are only renewing an existing contract it should take place in a matter of a day or two.

0 Ratings
Pw103
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Because I took an early deal to get another 18 months at the same discount as my original contract but my original contract did not expire until 21st November so the new deal was setup to start when that expires. So the new order is open with a completion date of 21st November.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

As I said, it is probably because there is an order pending. Unless you have your new contract start earlier or you cancel the order until nearer the date of expiry of your present contract I doubt that there is anything that can be done.

0 Ratings
Pw103
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

OK thanks for your input πŸ‘

0 Ratings