- Right-click on the time displayed in the bottom corner of your screen
- Select Adjust Date/time
- Check that the time and date are correct, changing them if they're wrong
- Now check that the Timezone is correct. If you're in the UK then it needs to be set to "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London". It's a good idea to tick any option that offers to automatically adjust to daylight saving time
- Click OK to confirm the settings and close the window
- Now right-click the McAfee "M" shield icon in the bar next to the clock at the bottom of your screen. Click on Verify subscription
- BT Virus Protect will then check your subscription. You should then see a "Verification Complete" message
The "Renew subscription" message should now have been replaced with "Your Computer is Secure". But if it hasn't, then try the following.
- Click on the McAfee "M" shield icon again to open BT Virus Protect
- This time click on Renew my subscription
- BT Virus Protect will renew your subscription and if everything's OK, you'll see "Your Computer is Secure"
If this doesn't work and you're still being asked to renew your subscription, try removing and then reinstalling BT Virus Protect.