cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

MacAffe BT Virus Protect on Mac Not

Whilst trying to download a manual with win.rar Mc Affee reported Malware. I managed to stop complete download , I think, and deleted download and two associated files using Trashme.

Im now trying to perform a full scan with BT supplied McAffee but it is taking aquite a while apparently Initializing Scan.

Does any one know who I can contact for advice BT or McAffe I cant seem to find anything. 

Anyone had a similar problem.

Many thanks ~Martin

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: MacAffe BT Virus Protect on Mac Not

You may be better posting on the McAfee forum where there are more users than on this forum.

Personally I would uninstall BT/McAfee. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. It always seems to be one update away from another problem. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free and AVG Free.

If you do want to uninstall BT/McAfee use this guide and make sure you use the BT/McAfee removal tool after you have restarted your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523

If you do want to re use BT/McAfee, uninstall it using this guide along with the BT/McAfee removal tool after a restart and then reinstall. This might resolve your problem.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38369/

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: MacAffe BT Virus Protect on Mac Not

McAffee is **bleep**, don’t even bother using it.

You’re better off using Avast or kaspersky or Avira. Use them in conjunction with malwarebytes and you’ll be all set. They all offer great free software, but if you’re willing to pay you can get some very good antivirus/anti malware. Just in case anyone else is wondering about McAffee.