cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Thanks for the response @CMUNM. Leave that with me and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 366

I have reinstalled from BT website and tried an update and still get exactly the same issues as before....if there is not a resolution soon I am going to un-install AGAIN and use something else!!

Message 43 of 366

@DavidM , I was running Big Sur beta, and the McAfee site said that there would be a new release when Big Sur was official.  It's now officially out.

I've just uninstalled McAfee and done a fresh install via the BT site, and it still installs 4.9.  I also ran updates as described.  Still the old version.

Interestingly, McAfee website says it's not possible to upgrade from an older version (4.9), but instead must be a fresh install:

"NOTE: It is not possible to upgrade from an earlier version (such as 4.9) to version 4.10.00 or later. You must uninstall the older version, then install the new version" source: FAQs for McAfee consumer security products and Apple macOS 11 (Big Sur) Document ID: TS103077

The instructions given therefore conflict with McAfee's own advice, and a fresh install from BT doesn't work.

Please help.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 366

Hi guys,

Sorry for any confusion here. The instructions that were posted will only come into effect after McAfee push their emergency patch out.

Cheers

David

Message 45 of 366

Bt Net Protect 4.9.0.2 not working with Big Sur

BT Net protect v4.9.0.2 is not compatible with Big Sur - how can I get an upgrade to v4.10?

Net Protect keeps popping up a box asking you to click allow in the Security & Privacy settings but there is no "allow" function there.

The only version of Virus Protect I can download from BT is v4.9.0.2 but Apple is saying this is not compatible and v4.10 must be used instead

BT - when are you going to make this available to your users?

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 366

I have the same problem BT needs to rectify this with McAfee as the download on the BT website is not compatible with the new Apple operating system rendering it useless!

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 366

If you want to avoid this hassle ditch McAfee completely. Big Sur is the most up to date OS at the moment and has built in protection. If you must have AV then there’s a free version of Malwarebytes that can be run and updated manually, but it really isn’t needed.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 366

Many thanks I'll take your advise.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 366

The emergency patch is now live.  My product has just updated to 4.10.0.0 (945)

FYI I also had an issue with RT scanner, and had to follow these instructions  on how to add a new element to the full disk access.  (VSheildScanManager).

Message 50 of 366

I uninstalled the software and reinstalled at 13.20 today (15 Nov) but still only get 4.9.0.2.  The update won't work.  Can i ask what you did differently?

B2F970F9-FA9B-4792-B4EB-8F0D00C3390F.jpeg

0 Ratings