cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Thanks for your efforts.

It's a pity BT hasn't bothered to flag there's an issue, there's probably thousands of its customers who've therefore wasted a lot of their time trying to solve the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 366

I totally agree with your sentiments.

Having uninstalled and installed twice I have now given up and will not be using McAfee anytime soon.

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 366

I followed the instructions posted in this thread and it now works

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 366

I followed these steps and everything is now working bar the Firewall so I hope this is fixed soon

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 366

Re: BT virus protect

You're correct, when I tried to install latest virus protect got message they are working on an upgrade. we have to be patient. just ned a solution to stop getting the alerts that virus protect isn't working ;(
0 Ratings
Message 66 of 366

@DavidM please could you clarify the situation now.

I have installed the latest version, pop ups have gone but confusion remains about what is actually working.

There are green ticks against all including firewall. But earlier it was mentioned that the firewall wouldn’t work until December. 
when clicking on either the firewall or RT scan a config box pops up.

so are both actually working and if the firewall isn’t yet why does it have a green tick.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 366

All seems to be working now having followed the advice on here. Three green ticks and even the virus protect icon at top menu bar is saying "your Mac is secure". Thanks for all the advice today!

Update. Green tick on Firewall has gone, but icon still says Mac is secure, but Mac's Firewall is switched on. Seems there is still a problem with the McAfee Firewall

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 366

Thanks to all the techies that have been helping us lesser mortals with the fine detail, lucky you are here - pity BT cannot supply that level of advice. 

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 366

Me too! Revert to using Mac OS firewall as well.
0 Ratings
Message 70 of 366

David

I am sorry to report that this problem has not resolved itself and has become worse.

Today I logged on to my Mac to be informed that my McAfee subscription had expired.  There is no reason for this.  I deactivated and reinstalled to find that it had updated to 4.09 as expected.  Running the update and restarting again, I expected to get 4.10 as happened yesterday.  However, instead I received another screen shot saying that my subscription was now going to inactivate.  The sequence of screenshots is shown below.

Please can you get BT to resolve this issue.  It had wasted a good deal of valuable time for me and doubtless others and really is unacceptable.

CB01CBE3-E779-4DEC-808A-300904AE28E4.jpeg7BB2A579-29B2-496C-9707-B9D2B5816FC0.jpeg7BBA4721-0B68-468A-B425-30E266D94624.jpeg