cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

My understanding is the previous version cannot be updated, even by pressing update,  and that we have to download the latest version 10 - which BT aid not supplying - Ive just tried and it’s  still version 9.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 366

In fact I did manage to update to 4.10 yesterday using the update on the BT Virus Protect site.  

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 366

CMUNM does it work. tried another upgrade this morning but still not working.

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 366

It worked for me.  I upgraded by:

1) Click right on red McAfee Logo on top menu tab

2) Double Click to open BT Virus Protect Console

3) Click Updates in middle at the bottom of Console window

4) Click start and wait until updates tells you updated. (maybe restart as well)

5)Again click right on top menu tab, click on About BT Virus Protects, it should have updated to version 4.10.0.0 (945).

(But Firewall still not working, however my Mac Firewall is switched on and working ok, no more pop-ups!)

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 366

Hi CMUNM / Chris

"Kaspersky in tests conducted by Which?"

Barclays Bank used to provide Kaspersky as a free benefit to its internet-banking customers, but dropped Kaspersky after potential 'issues' with the Kaspersky company were publicised. 

"Barclays has stopped offering free Kaspersky anti-virus products to new customers following an official warning about Russian security software."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42209489

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 366

Yes, this just worked for me

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 366

I notice that community manager @SeanD  has marked moderator @DavidM 's previous post as "the solution" but noting everyone's follow on comments; this is far from the case. I do hope this doesn't mean BT think it is resolved!

Message 78 of 366

I’ve raised a formal complaint via my BT. Not a solution I know, but hopefully it will get escalated. Perhaps others can do the same?

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 366

@SeanD I still have unanswered questions above about this so not sure why you have shown it as being solved.

Message 80 of 366

As I had removed the old version of BT Virus Protect, my route to getting version 4.10 running was:

1) Download and instal BT Virus Protect (version 4.9) from the BT website

2) After installation, check for Virus Protect updates, using the facility  on the 'Home' tab of Virus Protect

3) Wait for the download and installation of version 4.10 to complete

Virus Protect firewall will not have been turned on but, following the installation in (3) above,  there is an on-screen BT notification of this, also advice that a further update is being worked on.

The Big Sur firewall can be switched on pending the further BT update.

No more 'pop-ups'.

0 Ratings