Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 81 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry for any frustration that I have caused by marking the thread as solved ☹️  I have removed the solution until we dig through some of the more recent comments.

It appears that the fix outlined in @DavidM post (post 38) has in fact revolved the issue for the majority of the customer posting here.   For those of you that this advice has not worked for, I am sorry I will get back to our product team and seek further advice.

@craftycooky, Thanks for the question, I just wanted to double-check with you that you are asking about the green tick which has been set against the firewall, even though we have previously claimed the Firewall won't work until early December?  Aside from this question are you still having an issue with BT Virus Protect?

@CMUNM   I am very sorry about the problems you are having.  Seems odd that you are now getting a subscription expired message so something hasn't gone as planned.  Let me find out what we can do to help

If anyone else is having a problem can you please drop me a reply and explain what issue you are having then we can offer further support.  Just to confirm the emergency patch provided by McAfee last night completed around 6pm.  If anyone tried following the institutions, provided in Daves post (post 38), before 6pm, can you please try again?

We will post back here with an update as soon as I can.

Cheers

Sean

Message 82 of 366

@SeanD after reinstalling BT Virus Protect a number of times, I then applied the updates from the home tab for Real Time Scanning and Firewall. Anti Malware and Firewall are now both at version 4.10 but, firewall still isn’t working.

At least the annoying pop ups have now stopped!

Message 83 of 366

Hi @CMUNM sorry you get the message that your subscription is going to inactivate. We would like to look into this further. I've dropped you a Private Message if you would check it out and get back to me and we investigate this message.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 366

I have also upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur and not Macfee not working and keep getting the pop up saying allow us ....

I have uninstalled The Macfee version 4.9.0.2 and reinstalled macfee but every time I try this I still get the same old version and cannot get the version 4.10.0.0.

I have tried to do this many times and need help to find out why I cannot access the new version for Macfee.

Thanks,

Philip

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 366

@Philip4  After installing 4.9, click on the home screen, then at bottom, middle you will see the Updates option and then start. Do a his twice, once for the firewall and second for the virus scan. 

Thats how I got 4.10. Unfortunately the firewall still won’t work but at least the pop ups will stop.

Message 86 of 366

@SeanD Hi, Yes all ok except for the green ticks. Just confused because it was stated on this thread that the firewall would not work until December. 

When clicking either the RT scan or Firewall a box pops up with options to turn off etc. cant remember if this happened before the upgrade.

Is there a way of checking they are actually working.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 366

I now have 3 green ticks but no firewall but no more pop up windows.

I am still worried as when I click account is says subscription about to expire and has an option to buy ??

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 366

See the thread.  I had exactly the same issue.  I resolved it by clicking "Buy" which then takes you to your bt.com account page, log in and then I deactivated and reinstalled.  This is part of your BT Virus Protect so it's free.  It's a real pain as I had to do it three times today. 

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 366

I too get the massage saying subscription is about to expire and the software is about to deactivate

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 366

When I click buy it takes me to a mcafee site with various packages available

0 Ratings