cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

That's odd.  In that case just log on to your bt.com account and My BT and go from there.

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 366

I went to my my bt account and strangely is showed zero of the 2 licenses in use so I activated it checked and still showing about to expire then I tried the BUY option as you suggested this time I was taken to the BT site, I deactivated and then reactivated but again still showing that the subscription is about to deactivate.

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 366

Suggest you raise this with the Moderator @JohnC2  via a private message @

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 366

Just checked again and it said expired I then clicked something I cannot remember what I think it was renew and it now says valid.  I hope that is it now as I have spent hours on this over the last few days.

I assume we update on a regular basis and at some point the firewall will work, I gather this may be the start of December.

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 366

I've had that annoying notice many times in the past.

Simply quit McAfee then reload it or restart your Mac.

Message 96 of 366

Have again downloaded BT McAfee and just get version 4.9.0.2 which is not compatible.

I am puzzled that a large organisation like BT is so behind on such an important issue as this.

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 366

com on BT sort it out
0 Ratings
Message 98 of 366

Re: Net Protect

perfect description com on BT sort it out please

we know the fix, upgrade to 4.10

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 366

@MacBakewell and @DavLad  release 4.10 is available. After installing 4.9 you need to update from within the Virus Protect app. I did this and now have version 4.10.

unfortunately this is not the full solution, the 4.10 firewall still won’t work with Big Sur.

Message 100 of 366

I have been messing with this for 2 days and now have it up and running.

Initially when I downloaded it it was the old version.

But I did 2 updates and each time restarted the Mac and eventually it showed 4.10.0.0

I also had to follow the instructions given in an earlier post because one of the macfee items was not given full disk access in the privacy tab I think it was the one called fmpd.

0 Ratings