cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

See I do put the blame on BT, well at least partially. These things should be tested and tested in every production environment before rolling out to the business (i.e, us). If glaring problems were found, then source an alternative rather than us being in the situation we are now. As such, we have a convoluted problem and partial workaround which may or may not work depending on the day we try, seemingly at random. Throw in the fact that it's acknowledged the Firewall won't work is a bit of a joke quite frankly.

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 366

Tried loading over top and it worked.  the original uninstaller wouldn't work, but when you reload a new version it starts by deleting the old version.  All good now, but poor show from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 123 of 366

Absolutely agree.  The blame lies entirely with BT.  If the supplier cannot supply a working product then find another supplier.  We are paying for a product that doesn’t work and , at the very least, BT should compensate

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 366

BT doesn't charge us extra for McAfee, so for what would you want compensation?

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 366

It is part of the total package we buy and as such is included in the price

0 Ratings
Message 126 of 366

Nothing is free in life.  The price of the BT Virus Protect product is taken into account when BT price their service.  When I renewed a broadband contract with BT recently the sales person specifically referred to it as being part of their offering when comparing them with other providers.

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 366

It is 1 December.  Have McAfee fixed the problem?

0 Ratings
Message 128 of 366

Not as far as I can tell.  I've just downloaded any latest updates from BT and the same error message appears that the firewall is not available on BigSur

0 Ratings
Message 129 of 366

Thanks.  Borders on criminally negligent.  One would have thought BT would have used Twitter or email to update on this situation rather than spamming with Black Friday deals

0 Ratings
Message 130 of 366

It is now the 4th of December. Any news of a fix to the Firewall problem on Macs running Big Sur?

An update from BT would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings