cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I reloaded it, worked for a few days, but crashed again now.  Come on BT!

0 Ratings
Message 132 of 366

It's not just a Big Sur issue.  I'm on High Sierra and it is still a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 366

Mine did as well when I tried to do an update. It deleted the updated version I had and then tried to reload an old version!  I just deleted it in the end.  As I said in an earlier  post this is a disgrace.  If Mcafee can’t fix the problem and quickly, BT should change supplier.  To leave a large cohort of their users like this is shameful.  I’m sure somebody from BT sees these posts so who ever you are reading  this from BT do something about this and fast.

0 Ratings
Message 134 of 366

@SeanD  any update as to when the fix will be released?

when released, will we just press the update button or reinstall completely?

0 Ratings
Message 135 of 366

WORKS FOR ME!

Like many, initially the new MacOS screwed BT VP, however albeit some delay until BT got their act together, auto updates installed v4.10 of BT VP which was great except that th FIREWALL didnt work.

Now that was NOT a BT issue, it was a McAfee one - they said that FIrewall didnt work on latest MacOS and that a fix due 2nd Dec.

I have ran an update today (just to be sure) and the firewall WORKS.

I consider that BT VP is now fully working on the latest MacOS.

That may not help some, who still have issues, it is an observation endorsing BT push updates and one "just to be sure" update request from my end has given me a fully working version.

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 366

viewsource - Many thanks for the update. Will give it a try this evening.

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 366

@viewsource what version of the firewall did you install?

0 Ratings
Message 138 of 366

I have reloaded the McAfee virus protect as suggested by view source above but without success.

The firewall still does not work.

What irritates me is the lack of communication from BT. There must be thousands of Mac users who are operating with incomplete virus protection and yet BT seems indifferent.

I give up.......

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 366

@occoldmanthe download from BT still installs version 4.9 where both firewall and virus protect don’t work. You then have to click on the update button. This then installs version 4.10.

Unfortunately firewall doesn’t work, but virus protect will work. I think the earlier post was misleading. I’ve clicked the update in v4.10 but no update to the firewall that works.

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 366

I just asked BT VP to check for updates... the current version reads: Version 4.10.0.0 (945)

0 Ratings