cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Hey @Steveee , Less of the "So again, what version of the BT Virus Protect are you running?" attitude in your  comments!  Especially as I had already answered that in a comment (see screenshot).

Don't bother asking anything else of me unless you change your attitude.

Live long and prosper (ish).

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 00.07.56.png

0 Ratings
Message 152 of 366

@viewsource Apologies if you thought there was an attitude but with 25 other contributions yesterday I missed your 1 liner so asked again. But the issue remains that 4.10 still isn’t working for me, even after I’ve turned the firewall. After reboot I still get the mcafee message that it won’t work with big sur, in fact it looks like the firewall has deinstalled itself on my Mac on reboot.

What’s strange is that 4.10 has been out there for a few weeks and then it suddenly works with no new update or BT comment which is why I asked you what version you had and what Mac OS you’re running. Also, when I checked with Mcafee they are still reporting their firewall isn’t working with Big Sur.

looks like some of us are still waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 366

Re: Big Sur

After initial problems thought all was well with both desktop and laptop working with Big Sur.  Then desktop Mac, McAfee stopped working and refused to start.

Uninstalled McAfee and downloaded new version and updated as required. I had to do this twice before it at last seems to work. However, the icon located on the menu bar is greyed out and included an asterisk.

According to McAfee all is working on my desktop apart from the Firewall, as it iOS on my laptop, but my laptop shows a full red icon. 

What is the problem here? Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 366

Hi. I am having problems with my Mac that didn’t happen with my Macbook Air - in that I got the McAfee 4.10 version. On the Mac it keeps only downloading the previous one - have redone it three times I can’t see where the upgrade button is - can someone direct me please 

0 Ratings
Message 155 of 366

If you click on the virus protect icon you will see an option for the console.  Select that and you will see the update button at the bottom of the panel that comes up

0 Ratings
Message 156 of 366

For the benefit of doubt in version numbers here's a screen shot which also shows all components green ticked and on.

I have not got a clue why it doesnt work for some...

Could this be down to the specific model of the hardware eg MacBook Air vs other devices?????

BT-AV-BigSur-Versions.png

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 366

Thanks @viewsource for that. I got something very similar to that on my Mac Mini after installing BT VP 4.9 and then updating. However when I rebooted the firewall stopped working and was no longer listed in the About window when I scrolled through the list of Apps.

Have you rebooted and still found it works?

If yes, it does seem to be hardware specific.

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 366

Yes, rebooted several times...

My macbook air is my 'sand pit' where i allow all upgrades to happen and test them out.

Despite this working for me, I am not ready to let my 5k iMac upgrade to Big Sur just yet ...  I never upgrade my main 'work' machine until at least a dot-one version of the latest OS or other major s/w upgrade eg Adobe Photoshop, has ironed out bugs.

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 366

Thanks for the info but selecting the upgrade button really isn't the answer. It is necessary to do this to upgrade to v. 4.10.0 anyway and doing it again has no effect.

Worse, turned on my Mac this morning and McAfee refused to launch! This despite having turned the computer on and off several times yesterday, so what happened overnight?

I looks like I'm going to have to find another anti virus program.

0 Ratings
Message 160 of 366

Thank you. Will try that this afternoon 

0 Ratings