cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

To just add to my earlier statement, I have just discovered that turning off WiFi did allow the McAfee to launch, albeit in the same greyed out state as before. 

I suspect Mcafee has lodged some files somewhere that are causing problems but!!!

0 Ratings
Message 162 of 366

I've just checked my installation against your very helpful screen shots and mine are the same but it still doesn't work.  I've also checked that full disc access rights have been given.  The other interesting point is after switching the firewall selector to ON, I am then told on the first page of the Home Screen that my software is about to deactivate.  If I select the reactivate button I am taken to the McAfee website where I need a McAfee account to log in.  Needless to say I don't have one.  It seems to me that McAfee may have a solution to the firewall problem that hasn't yet been made available to BT.  Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
Message 163 of 366

I said, posts back, what an utter waste of time this is, we have better things to do.

And answers from BT came there none.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 366

I totally agree!

BT you just need to sort this out with McAfee and let us know when it's working this is getting ridiculous! Surely you have a technical team ?????

Message 165 of 366

@SeanD and @JohnC2  any update on a release date for new BT VP to fix the firewall issue?

Tags (1)
Message 166 of 366

My chat w/ McAfee right now - 

11:19 AM  Divya Rubini 😧 
The reason firewall and real time scan is turned off is BT didnt send new update which is 4.10 which is compatible to run on BIG sur
11:19 AM  Divya Rubini 😧 
Kindly reach BT asking to send new update for McAfee
11:20 AM  Nirav Hathi: 
is there a new update?
11:20 AM  Divya Rubini 😧 
Yes, McAfee 4.10 is the new update
11:23 AM  Divya Rubini 😧 
So please reach BT for update
11:23 AM  Divya Rubini 😧 
Is there anything else I can assist you
0 Ratings
Message 167 of 366

4.10 doesn’t work on my Mac running big sur

Message 168 of 366

Total joke.

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 366

Version 4.10 works on my MacBook (less firewall) but NOT my iMac, both of which are running on Big Sur.

I've wasted too much time on it already so have paid for Total AV which happened to be on offer. Hopefully, BT/McAfee will get their act together during the next few months.

So far I'm far from impressed!

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 366

@SeanD Please can you provide an update on this. We were promised a fix in early December, nothing has happened yet. No information is coming out from BT, your customers deserve to be kept updated.

Thanks