cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect no j

perhaps I am being too quick to try this but, following the steps posted (which are very clear by the way), there is no download button on the end page once licencing/terms has been ticked, nor does any automatic download start...

Here's my screenshot.Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 12.43.14.png

0 Ratings
Message 182 of 366

•   Doing the upgrade from the version 4.10 client will not work, so if you are already on the version 4.10 client you will need to log into MyBT and then go to the McAfee MyAccount page, and then download the product to reinstall it. The install will remove the old release and install the new version 4.10.1 client.
  •   This 4.10.1 release will also be available on MacOS Catalina which will prevent any issues for anyone who still hasn’t upgraded to Big Sur

Am I missing something here? The upgrade won't work from 4.10 so if you're on that uninstall it and... what install it?

These instructions are not at all clear and I won't be making any changes until someone can explain in PLAIN English what to do.

K

0 Ratings
Message 183 of 366

I had updated to 4.10 which was working except the firewall and now updated to 4.10.1 which again appears to be working except as expected the firewall.
0 Ratings
Message 184 of 366

Just completed the upgrade which worked fine thank you.  However when I try to run a scan, or get an update or get help I get a message saying I need an active subscription so it still doesn’t work

0 Ratings
Message 185 of 366

What a disaster!

What a way for a major British PLC to operate!

Message 186 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Thanks for the last update.

You stated that the bug issue was to be fixed during the last week.... how's it going... and when can we expect the Firewall issue to be rolled out... I find this incredible that as a world leading IT company this is taking so long, given that McAfee are involved too... 

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Total joke at this point. Just give us clear facts and timescales and structure expectations - you know, like any normal business.

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 366

Hi Viewsource,

I had exactly the same problems, not getting a download button on my Mac.  I'd been using Firefox browser and couldn't get BT Virus Protect to download the new version until I changed over to the Safari Browser (I think Firefox was blocking something preventing the download (check privacy settings)).  Using Safari I then installed BT Virus Protect and of course ended up with the same issues people describe.  What browser are you using?  Have you got an ad blocker enabled?  Consider what may be blocking the appearance of the download button.

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 366

Today I updated Big Sur,  and have just downloaded the latest  virus protect using the advice given - no problem. Very straightforward. 
As yet the firewall doesn’t work, but we have been told that, told it will be January sometime, but no problem, just put the Mac firewall on...

0 Ratings
Message 190 of 366

Thank you for the feedback!
I was stuck at this point in November, tried it lots of times. Couldn’t make uninstall work either. Went through it again with BT on the phone and the wizard thing popped up, it is always the way. I am sorry I can’t be more help. It was when I had version 4.9. I use Safari if that helps.

I had transferred the BTMcafee apps including the multi-access installer app top from my old to new iMac via data migration app. I was told that didn’t matter and in the end the installation wizard worked. However neither the lady on the phone or I knew why this should be. Only thing I did was add the list of files such as fmpd , as detailed elsewhere on this thread, to the list in full disk access in security and privacy.
0 Ratings