cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect no j

Yes, I found that out this evening and all downloaded ok now - Firefox simply didnt render the full form and download button !   Thanks for the update though.

0 Ratings
Message 192 of 366

0 Ratings
Message 193 of 366

Sorry fat finger I have deleted my original message. 

0 Ratings
Message 194 of 366

So glad it worked. This seems to be an evolving situation ... is McAfee been updated again - mention below of v4.11. I dare not go and check !

0 Ratings
Message 195 of 366

@RCG There is an interim release (4.10.1) that apparently fixes some issues but does not fix the firewall issue. According to @SeanD the firewall issue will be fixed with version 4.11 but that is not ready for release until January 2021.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 366

After a short time 4.10 refused to launch on my Mac, has anyone else had this problem and does 4.10.1 resolve the issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 197 of 366

@Alnorwich never had a launch issue with 4.10, but 4.10.1 launches ok. NB it deinstalls 4.10 so may fix the problem for you?

0 Ratings
Message 198 of 366

@Steveee Thank you. I can’t seem to get an update via the anti virus console to version 4.10.1. I’m still on version 4.10.0. With a clear head I need to go back through the forum and look for this particular piece of information.

Not sure I can really be bothered to uninstall and reinstall yet again If that is required.

I’m having another day where I think why don’t I just buy Kaspersky and be done with it ... 

Sorry to sound a note of despondency.

0 Ratings
Message 199 of 366

The previous instructions about going to MyBT and manage security etc should take you to an option to upgrade.

Now granted the firewall issue is not yet resolved (by McAfee not BT), you do have the option to use your MacOS inbuild Firewall in the meanwhile (under system preferences -> security and privacy).

As for uninstall, the install process prompts to remove/delete the existing version, so that should take care of that for you.

0 Ratings
Message 200 of 366

I had the same problem, deinstalled and reinstalled, updated from within the application to get the latest release.  No firewall as others have reported and do far so good.  The jury is very much still out though.  Like you I’ve had enough of uninstalling and then reinstalling 

0 Ratings