cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect no j

Did all this and it worked fine for about a week.  Then it deactivated telling me to buy a new subscription.  Why am I having yet more problems.  Does anybody test these updates properly before they are released? 

0 Ratings
Message 202 of 366

Have exactly the same problem.  No matter what I do to install, always states subscription expired. Annoying and frustrating, especially considering the inclusion of antivirus in the package was a reason to purchase BT fibre broadband

0 Ratings
Message 203 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Whats happening to the BT Virus Protect compatibility with Mac Sur.... we were promised an update and its now Christmas... how much longer do customers have to go without full protection... get this Firewall issue fixed. and get it rolled now!

0 Ratings
Message 204 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

@cueboy There was feedback from @SeanD about a week ago saying that the firewall fix had been delayed until January. No week mentioned. 
Apparently other issues have been resolved but you have to download the update from mybt not just press the update button.

0 Ratings
Message 205 of 366

viewsource Just come back to this after a free trial with another provider - Did you resolve the problem of not being able no download ? I am on the same page and going nowhere 

Thansks

0 Ratings
Message 206 of 366

I had to gay problem too, try using Safari.

0 Ratings
Message 207 of 366

"Did you resolve the problem of not being able no download ?"...

YES I did, I changed browser - it wouldn't show in Firefox, but I used Safari and it all worked.

Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 208 of 366

Since first experiencing the problem I uninstalled BT Virus protect and have been running on the Apple firewall and a Malware App and have been very disappointed with the response from BT on the issue who eventually just closed the case I raised with them.

I am probably going to stick to just using the Apple firewall as it seems from previous contributors that this is up to the job unless anyone sees this differently.

I am however looking to reinstall BT Virus protect if the consensus is that it is now OK with MacOs 11 but having seen all the issues would appreciate a best practice view on how to do this as there seems to be a number of challenges from the previous contributors. I am using the Safari browser.

0 Ratings
Message 209 of 366

@Watkinmc The latest BT VP update works well. You have to download it from your my BT account. Of course the firewall doesn’t work but everything else does. 

0 Ratings
Message 210 of 366

My experience is that the McAfee software is not yet bug fee. It crashes at least a couple of times per day but restarts after sending a fault report to Apple(?).

Occasionally, however,  it crashes and informs me that my subscription has expired and must be renewed. I then have to close the software and restart it which usually fixes the problem or, if not, reload it from My BT.

Hope the helps.

0 Ratings