Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 221 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

@Steveee wrote:

@SeanD  any update on planned release of the firewall fix?

Hi @Steveee,

Thanks for the post.  Let me see what I can find out, I will get back to you ASAP which I imagine will be early next week.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 222 of 366

Any update?  We are sitting ducks here...

0 Ratings
Message 223 of 366

I wouldn't even bother wasting time on it now.

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 366

@SeanD where’s the update, not even an ETA!

0 Ratings
Message 225 of 366

Hi kylerickards!

I entirely agree with you. There seems to be a complete lack of interest on the part of BT to these continuing problems. We only receive updates when we chase them, otherwise nothing.

It's about time I started to look for alternative software.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 366

The inclusion of antivirus was a significant reason to upgrade to full fibre with BT. They are not delivering what was promised in their product features. If I need to purchase AV for my Mac, BT should refund that cost 

0 Ratings
Message 227 of 366

I don’t think there’s any need to go elsewhere. BTVP still provides virus protection that works, well at least it does for me. The only issue is the associated firewall, but the Apple Mac firewall still works ok.
I’d prefer them to both be managed from a single console, but for now I’m not looking elsewhere.
0 Ratings
Message 228 of 366

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in confirming when the Firewall issue will be fixed.  We have reached out to the relevant teams and are awaiting an update from McAfee, we will update the thread again, next week when we know more.

Cheers
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 229 of 366

Neil, SeanD said he was checking on Monday. This has been going n for too long.n

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 366

Steveee - Please don't misread this (as I know things can be misconstrued online!) - it's great it works for you but simply there are many of us that don't have this working through no fault of our own.

Yes - we could simply rely on the inbuilt Apple stuff, which is very good - but every bit of marketing, from BT and others drills into us how we MUST have security products in place. If they didn't matter, why would they be offered?

Additionally, in the event of bank fraud, they will ask what security protocols were in place, to ensure that you had at least paid some heed to the advice given. We're going to look mighty stupid if the question is asked "Did you have virus protection?"

Well, er, no, BT said they were looking into it?

Think that will wash do you BT?

0 Ratings