cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 241 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I disagree and it is really easy for two corporates to play one off against each other but the current facts are that, on MacAfee site, they say, that firewall is not working on BigSur.

I do agree however that initially BT were lax in not updating AV for download, but that has passed and I have no issues on any of my three different Macs, all on BigSur, other than firewall.

And that is not an issue as Mac's own inbuilt firewall can stand up to the task.

I do believe however that unistalling, reinstalling etc can leave some detrius around and could cause further issues, but that is not a BT issue - I believe EVERY software should come with a thorough unistall and cleand up option to TOTALLY remove and undo all it has toucheed, guaranteing a fresh, clean, install.

0 Ratings
Message 242 of 366

Hi Everyone,

I have just received the latest update from McAfee about the macOS firewall fix and wanted to share this with you.

McAfee have confirmed that they are working on the update currently and are hoping this will be released at the end of February or start of March. At this time I can’t confirm an exact date. This is because once the update has been created by McAfee, it will go through testing before it is approved for release to ensure the problem with the firewall is fixed.

I understand in the last update that I had mentioned that the fix would be coming in January and appreciate that it is frustrating that this has been pushed back. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused while the team get this problem resolved and for any frustration because of the delay.

I will update the thread again when I get confirmation that the fix is being rolled out.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 243 of 366

Thank you for the update Robbie. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 244 of 366

So that will be best part of four months without something we are paying for.  I know I can use the Apple firewall but that's not the point.  What is BT going to do about recompense for this or do we have to vote with our feet?

0 Ratings
Message 245 of 366

I agree.  Part of the three prong BT Broadband pitch is Security.  One third of the pitch has/will been out of action for four months exposing us to potential harm.  Unacceptable.  BTW- March probably means April/May

0 Ratings
Message 246 of 366

You correct viewsource about debris being left behind after a reinstall, one of my Macs won't run the latest version of McAfee at all. I have been forced to use an alternative anti virus program on this computer. I am hoping that the next version of McAfee will solve many of these problems.

In these strange times we all need HOPE!

0 Ratings
Message 247 of 366

Whilst the mods may or may not be knocking around - could they advise me where to post my ongoing issues with using webmail on a desktop or laptop? I have to now rely on an iPad to do any kind of meaningful search or scroll through emails.

Between the above and the security issues, this is the worst the BT service has ever been.

0 Ratings
Message 248 of 366

@kylerickards wrote:

Whilst the mods may or may not be knocking around - could they advise me where to post my ongoing issues with using webmail on a desktop or laptop? I have to now rely on an iPad to do any kind of meaningful search or scroll through emails.

Between the above and the security issues, this is the worst the BT service has ever been.

If you look at the menu buttons at the top of the forum page you will see Community - Announcements - Broadband etc. Click on the one named Email then you will see a blue box named "post a question. Click on that and give your post a title then enter the problem in the box below.

0 Ratings
Message 249 of 366

Thank you 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 250 of 366

Have exactly the same issues
0 Ratings