cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 251 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I have tried repeatedly to follow thus advice with no redirection that leads to an updated download.  Big Sur updated today but the McAfee still fails to launch. The firewall is still unavailable. Is there any further update news?

Message 252 of 366

@higgs BT forecast end Feb beginning March.

0 Ratings
Message 253 of 366

This is getting ridiculous! First the Firewall doesn't work, now I'm told my McAffee subscription has run out! So obviously I have to upgrade it although I haven't a clue why my subscription has run out as the Virus Protect is part of my BT package. Now here's the rub. I follow the steps to download and when it comes to clicking onto Download it just reverts to the My Account page. Going round in circles. Apparently BT is aware of the problem but there is no indication of when it will be fixed! This really is not good enough!

0 Ratings
Message 254 of 366

I had this issue when using Firefox, worked when using Safari 

0 Ratings
Message 255 of 366

I have had this happen repeatedly. Relaunch and get McAfee to launch.... it may take several restarts ... and the account details will refresh.

0 Ratings
Message 256 of 366

So is this the week we get this mess sorted and BT to compensate its clients for not living up to its Broadband proposition which has Security in the strap line?

0 Ratings
Message 257 of 366

So I went onto my Mac last night to be told that there are now errors with my BT Anti Virus protection - amazing really as I'd not turned it on in 5 days or altered anything. This is shockingly poor. I've never known anything like it - from BT! Cutting edge eh? Leading provider? Total joke.

0 Ratings
Message 258 of 366

Whats happening with the fix on the BT Virus Protect "FIREWALL" issue for iMac Big Sur users... can you provide your customers with an update and when this is likely to fixed.... it is part of the package you offer customers and you are failing to provide this.

0 Ratings
Message 259 of 366

I've given up now. Early in the new year they said and we're coming up on March next week? Plus the problems I encountered on Thursday. Joke.

Message 260 of 366

"Whats happening with the fix on the BT Virus Protect "FIREWALL" issue for iMac Big Sur users"...

That would be a McAfee issue - they have not fixed the issue of their AV product firewall working with Big Sur.

BT can't fix this until McAfee do.

I did a manual update thsi week just to check and the McAfee installer, not the BT bit, told me that they were sorry and were working on it.

Caan I suggest that you just enable youe MacOS's own firewwall in the meanwhile and as a result take some of the stress out of your life 🙂