Did you mean: 
Message 271 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I have sent a formal complaint as well

Message 272 of 366

I also made a formal complaint. Got a response to say "We are looking into it."

Really?

For how many months now and BT continues to advertise that this protection is available?

I reiterate this simple fact..... I pay BT .... not Apple nor McAfee.  Very poor service. I agree time for compensation.

Message 273 of 366

This is unacceptable.  You sell a bundle - security is a key aspect.  You have put our digital life at risk.  Please compensate and offer a stop gap solution.  I dont have confidence on your end end of March timeline

Message 274 of 366

Just raised complaint as I did in November (which is still open).

Other complaints were simply closed with totally un related answers.

The other way is to email the BT CEO direct, not allowed to post his email but easy to find on Google.

Message 275 of 366

@higgs I also made a formal complaint last year and actually got a call from a complaint handler. She agreed the situation wasn’t acceptable but as at that time there was a workaround solution with a fix promised within weeks, I agreed to close the complaint.

Let’s see if I get the same response?

Message 276 of 366

Had call from BT Complaints team. They agreed to credit my account £4 per month for the period this issue has not worked. The basis of this is that it would cost me £4 to provide someone else the BTVP S/W from my BT account. Whilst the complaint has been closed, I can reopen it at any time.

at least the precedent has been set. If pubs were open I could spend it on a few pints of beer 🍺 

0 Ratings
Message 277 of 366

Hi Steveee

How do we get the same result?

0 Ratings
Message 278 of 366

I just got an email in response to my claim for compensation, this is an extract from it.

Siofra from the Digital Resolutions team in BT here. Thank you for getting in touch and the feedback you’ve provided aswell.

We continue to work with Apple to resolve the ongoing issue of the BT Virus Protect powered by McAfee issue since they launched their Big Sur update.

BT Virus Protect is provided free of charge to all BT broadband customers Mr Deeming. It’s not compulsory that you use it, it’s entirely up to you if you wish to but we provide free it charge should you wish to avail of it.

It seems that I must have to escalate my complaint to get satisfaction.

0 Ratings
Message 279 of 366

@Steveee Hi, Are you able to share your BT complaint number, its seems others are being told they cant have compensation.

I have not heard anything about mine yet.

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 280 of 366

We would use it if it worked!

0 Ratings