cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 281 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Sent via twitter.

At BT Group:  Hi - good to see you’re promoting internet security whilst not mentioning the fact you’ve left us Mac users with no Firewall for months and flaky virus protection (whilst still charging us for the privilege)
Message 282 of 366

Replied to the earlier email which rejected my claim. It seems that the reply was blocked by BT.

Message 283 of 366

It is promoted as being part of the package as below. It does not state it is free, but regardless , I and most other customers, consider the inclusion  of AV when deciding which provider to use.   The product is not delivering as advertised. It is branded as BT AV and therefore their responsibility (and liability) should customers suffer loss or damage

Unrivalled security

More online security features included than with other big providers.

Message 284 of 366

mcafee security issue

Hi, so every time I turn on my Mac mcafee says your protection is out of date, I use it daily, and yet the mcafee security tab has four ticks on saying all is ok - which is it as is driving me mad! 

thank you in advance. Sam

0 Ratings
Message 285 of 366

Re: mcafee security issue

Well, whilst I was doing my radio thing earlier, my mac helpfully let me know that there was an error installing the Mcafee security updates, no idea if it was the firewall or all anti virus or what. I have raised three times on twitter tagging BT in and they have ignored me.

Nothing has been said here either. The way BT is treating us is contemptuous. At least keep us informed and updated - you know, first rule of good business is communication. Although I suspect they don't really  care now they have our money.

I do find it quite amusing they managed to get my home address right though to send a letter saying my price was increasing this week.

0 Ratings
Message 286 of 366

22 March today - so the sooner bit of the update/fix has passed.  The next deadline of end of March now...

0 Ratings
Message 287 of 366

24 March...no fix yet

0 Ratings
Message 288 of 366

Hello? Hello? Anyone from BT reading this?

So - went on last night and am now getting a warning screen, not only alerting me that the Mcafee update hasn't worked but the alert takes up about an 1/8th or more of my screen and won't let me move it or minimise it so I can't actually get to see important information so I can get on with my day to day work hence I had to reboot. This is an absolute joke. I am going to have to uninstall the entire package.

0 Ratings
Message 289 of 366

@SeanD whats the update on fully working BTVP.?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 290 of 366

@SeanD  Just heard a BT BB advert on the radio. It was stated that BT give you Internet protection as part of the package that is worth over £100.

Talk about rub salt in the wound for Mac users.

What is actually going on with this, please don't say its being worked on as this has been the case for months. Why is it so hard for BT to resolve?

Please can all on here have a full explanation as to exactly what the issue is, with no generalisations.

Dave

0 Ratings