cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 311 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I found this version installed ok and actually runs on the Mac I had problems with before, but I found it necessary to turn on the firewall every time I rebooted the machine. However, it seems now to have got over it's little tantrums and is working as it should. ( I hope I'm not speaking too soon!)

0 Ratings
Message 312 of 366

I don’t know of any cases of viruses in the wild affecting Macs. That might change in the future. There have been malware reports but Apple are pretty quick in patching these. So I say again the only thing you will see by installing something like Virus protect is a slow down.
0 Ratings
Message 313 of 366

Hi,

Further to my previous reply, I have tried to follow your instructions again and have now been successful and the firewall now works.  I just have missed out one of the steps before.

Philip

0 Ratings
Message 314 of 366

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you, if you've experienced any issues getting the firewall enabled I'd recommend following this guide on the McAfee help pages. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 315 of 366

@lesliepfwrote:

Completely incorrect to to say it is a total waste of time to install antivirus suites . They are not totally immune.  

So which viruses in the wild are currently circulating on Macs? At best an AV may be able identify malware which Apple are pretty quick to patch. At worst they slow down a Mac.

0 Ratings
Message 316 of 366

Surely this is either trolling or off topic - either way it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

0 Ratings
Message 317 of 366

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly and on topic, the thread is for the discussion of Mac Os 11 and the BT Virus protect firewall.

@kylerickards did you manage to enable the firewall?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 318 of 366

@kylerickardswrote:

Surely this is either trolling or off topic - either way it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Seriously, advising that doing something isn't really worth the effort is trolling or off topic. I'm simply offering my view of decades of experience with Mac computers.

0 Ratings
Message 319 of 366

Hi Neil

I did finally but I still have the issue of the scan not fully completing - I can run another one now and report back?

0 Ratings
Message 320 of 366

This came from Sean D The Community Manager

Message 299 of 342

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while the issue with the firewall was addressed by McAfee.  I appreciate that you have all been waiting a long time for the fix so I am pleased to say that it is here!

You can download the most recent update version 4.11 via your MyBT account, please follow these instructions

•              Login to MyBT : MyBT Home 
  •              Click on Manage Security
  •              Click on Manage BT Virus Protect
  •              You will be redirected to McAfee MyAccount page
  •              Download products
  •              Install

Once you have installed the new version please follow these instructions to enable the firewall,

• After the 4.11 update, open the security console and press on “Turn on”.  In the system settings, go to Security & Privacy -> Unlock the lock with credentials to make changes -> Click on "Allow" to enable McAfee System Extension.
  • Once it is completed, you will get a pop-up to allow again the McAfee System Extension.
  • After that open, the security console again -> Click on Action Centre Slide to Turn on Firewall or go to the security console and select “MAC Security” tab to enable Firewall by pressing ”Enable the Firewall” and applying the changes.

If you run into any problems please post back here.

Cheers

I hope it works for you

Peter

0 Ratings