cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 321 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Hi Sean,

My experience is that the Firewall now works but on one of my Macs I have to turn it on every time I boot up. I have tried reinstalling McAfee but this has made no difference. Have you any ideas as to why this is happening?

0 Ratings
Message 322 of 366

Hi guys,

Having gone through the conversation this morning I have had to remove quite a number of posts.

The conversation was moving in the wrong direction and was demonstrating a negative vibe, which is what we don't want.  I can fully appreciate the frustration with this issue however please keep your comments friendly and remain respectful towards other members.

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 323 of 366

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 324 of 366

McAfee Firewall won't switch on for macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I have an iMac and a MacBook both running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and since a recent update (to either the OS or BT VirusProtect/McAfee), the McAfee Firewall is switched off and can't be switched on.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee but this has made no difference.

Can anyone help?  Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 325 of 366

Hi all,

Can somebody please confirm that this latest version is supposed to work on macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6)

... and better again, is anybody actually using it on macOS High Sierra

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 326 of 366

Followed the steps above...my account still shows "Deactivated" status

0 Ratings
Message 327 of 366

This is omnishambles.  Back to Real Time Scanning does not work, account about to be deactivated.  When will someone at BT stand up and take responsibility

0 Ratings
Message 328 of 366

Hi @NH14, sorry that you are still having a problem with the Firewall.

Please can you check out these steps to Enable The Firewall and let me know if this works for you?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 329 of 366

I am running Big Sur and have installed McAfee twice to ensure all was well, including the instructions 'Enable the Firewall'. I find I have to turn on the firewall the first time I boot up but any further reboots during the same day result in the firewall being on. However, first boot next day and I have to turn Firewall on again. Why?

0 Ratings
Message 330 of 366

I reinstalled and installed the latest version and followed the steps.  The firewall seems to be active on BT AV.  It is the Real Time Scanning and the periodic virus updates do not work.  I get an error message that my account is about to be deactivated.  When I go through the Verify Subscription route - it does verify but the account about to be deactivated still persists

Tags (1)
0 Ratings