cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 331 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I've not had chance to go back onto my MacBook since Easter Weekend, I'll reboot mine and see if I get the same thing as you.

0 Ratings
Message 332 of 366

Just got back to my Mac. BTVP all installed and working. Even managed t restart and the McAfee firewall kept on working.

0 Ratings
Message 333 of 366

Solved my problem with McAfee by doing a clean install of Big Sur. The problem, I guessed, was with my Mac not with McAfee. It's easy for files to get corrupted over time and I think that is what had happened here. A fair bit of work but the bonus is a much faster computer.

0 Ratings
Message 334 of 366

A benefit of the new firewall is that AppleWatch now unlocks the computer. This stopped working sometime ago!

0 Ratings
Message 335 of 366

Hi @NH14, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be able to help look into this further for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 336 of 366

So I've just ran the latest Big Sur update as suggested by my Mac and as I suspected... ran the McAfee program (that's the first thing I've learned to be wary of, more than Mixxx which is saying something)...

Anyway it said the last update was the 9th April and another was ready to be installed. I said to install it and the installer froze. I rebooted the machine and tried again. This time it did not freeze but I have been sat watching it "update" for 15 minutes. Perhaps others will have better luck?

0 Ratings
Message 337 of 366

Also and this is related so I think it's on topic - without touching anything, my PC (Windows) is now saying that my McAfee sub is expiring in 5 days? What's going on with it and BT? I am genuinely not altering anything between the Mac and the PC?

0 Ratings
Message 338 of 366

@kylerickards I'm sorry to see you're getting that message. Can you try the steps below to resolve the subscription expiry message?

First, check that your computer's date and time are correct and that you have the latest virus updates.

Here's how:

1. Right-click on the time displayed in the bottom corner of your screen
  2. Select Adjust Date/time
  3. Check that the time and date are correct, changing them if they're wrong
  4. Now check that the Timezone is correct. If you're in the UK then it needs to be set to "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London". It's a good idea to tick any option that offers to automatically adjust to daylight saving time
  5. Click OK to confirm the settings and close the window
  6. Now right-click the McAfee "M" shield icon in the bar next to the clock at the bottom of your screen. Click on Verify subscription
  7. BT Virus Protect will then check your subscription. You should then see a "Verification Complete" message

The "Renew subscription" message should now have been replaced with "Your Computer is Secure". But if it hasn't, then try the following.

1. Click on the McAfee "M" shield icon again to open BT Virus Protect
  2. This time click on Renew my subscription
  3. BT Virus Protect will renew your subscription and if everything's OK, you'll see "Your Computer is Secure"

If this doesn't work and you're still being asked to renew your subscription, try removing and then reinstalling BT Virus Protect.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 339 of 366

As of yesterday, because neither the Firewall nor the Live Scanning were working, I uninstalled McAfee Virus Protect on my Mac and reinstalled it after ensuring I had given McAfee permission in my security and all is now working. I should point out that it is necessary to use Safari and not Google Chrome when re-installing the Virus software. Hope this information helps and the issue is finally resolved! A long few months wait.

Message 340 of 366

Thanks Neil, that seems to have worked.

0 Ratings