cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 351 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

The latest update seems to have broken things again. (That said my second provided licence on my Windows PC is complaining it is going to expire in 3/4 days). It's just a generally poor product I think. I don't nagged with any other software like this.

0 Ratings
Message 352 of 366

Meant to say that my iMac has MacOS Catalina, not Big Sur.   Firewall just won't turn on since I reinstalled the McAfee BT Virus Protect software.  It was fine before that except for the Error whilst installing updates notification, which I've now discovered is being dealt with and wasn't an issue, so I didn't need to reinstall the virus software.  There must be some way of getting the Firewall to turn on.  BT need to get this sorted fast.

0 Ratings
Message 353 of 366

Is there any update on this since I am getting update failed again?

Please keep in mind that telling me to uninstall and reinstall the software is not an answer because I am not doing that. Imagine any other piece of software where you were told to do that every time there was a routine change or update to the operating system? You'd be laughed out of the building.

0 Ratings
Message 354 of 366

Is there any update on this?

0 Ratings
Message 355 of 366

Upgraded to Mac OS Monterey - all the old problems on Big Sur again on the AV - account about to be deactivated, firewall not working etc.  Surely in the days of intelligent machine and ML you cant have the same issues twice in the same year for the same platform.  Beggars belief

0 Ratings
Message 356 of 366

Hi @NH14 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with BT virus protect after upgrading your Mac OS. I raised this with the Virus protect team after another community member reported issues. They have confirmed it is compatible with the new Mac OS Monterey.

Apple suppots native intel applications but for that, you need to install Rosetta. Information on how to install this can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861 This is not only for McAfee but any native intel application.

In case you have installed McAfee on an M1 series MacBook before installing Rosetta then the advice is to un-install McAfee, install Rosetta and then install McAfee again.

Can you let me know if the above advice works?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 357 of 366

When Apple moved from Power PC chips to Intel Rosetta was required for Power PC apps to run on Intel machines. Eventually Apple stopped supporting Rosetta and all apps had to be Intel native. Now Apple are moving fro Intel to M1 chips Rosetta II, Rides Again or Son Of Rosetta has appeared to allow native Intel apps to run on machines with M1 chips. At some stage Apple will stop supporting Rosetta II and McAfee will need to be updated.

0 Ratings
Message 358 of 366

Mine still doesn't update and gives me error messages. I have raised twice here but was ignored so I thought no one cared anymore.

0 Ratings
Message 359 of 366

@kylerickards  What macOS are you running?

I’ve moved to 12.0.1 with no issues. Running on Intel Core i5.

perhaps start a new discussion for macOS 12?

0 Ratings
Message 360 of 366

Steveee, like you I'm running macOS 12.0.1 but on Intel core i7 with no issues.

0 Ratings