@SeanD Please can you provide an update on this. We were promised a fix in early December, nothing has happened yet. No information is coming out from BT, your customers deserve to be kept updated.
I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been waiting for an update from our internal team.
The fix for the Firewall problem, that was due to be deployed at the beginning of December, has been delayed. I am very sorry about this as I know it will come as a disappointment.
The reason for the delay is that a further bug was identified which needs to be addressed before the fix for the Firewall can be deployed. The good news is that the newly identified bug is due to be fixed this week, I am trying to confirm the exact date.
Once this is rolled out it ill pave the way for the Firewall fix 😀
I am still awaiting news on dates and as soon as I know more I will update you all here. Once again I am sorry that the issue with the Firewall has not yet been fixed and I appreciate your continued patience while we work through this.
Will it solve our install problems as well?
In addition to all the problems on here I have been having battery problems on my Mac, not lasting very long and the laptop getting hot since upgrading to Big Sur.
Thinking it was Big Sur I called Apple support, their support is brilliant.
Spent around 45 mins on the phone to them and they diagnosed the issue.
It is the Mcafee software, uninstalled mcAfee and all is now fine.
Sorry BT but you need to up your game with your support, Apple are easy to get hold of, take ownership and spend time looking to resolve the issue, unlike BT. Use Apple as an example and you will have a lot more happy customers rather than unhappy ones. Apple 10, BT 0.
BT sort out the compatibility issues between Mcafee and Apple and keep your customers informed.
@SeanD Plead note above.
I have raised this too and have an open complaint. Last contacted BT yesterday.
I still can only install v9 and I tried on 11 Dec.
Email the BT chairman, google the email address as its impossible to get an answer through any normal channel or via complaints.
If enough are sent maybe just maybe somebody will actually listen.
I have now, following my previous posts for this topic tonight, some new observations which I hope people may find useful/of interest *as to my journey. I am retreading ground already covered here in various posts I realise and thank goodness for this forum. It has taken rather a long time to get to this point and this info should be proactively pushed out to users by BT directly - via email notification etcz I first started on this in early November!*
Last night I was on v9 of McAfee BT Virus Protect. Not only did the Firewall not work but neither did the Automatic Updates, which I found really worrying.
I now, as of about 10 minutes ago, have version 22.214.171.124 (945) of McAfee 🙂 - and I didn’t get those messages about clicking ‘allow’ in Security and Privacy from BT McAfee Virus Protect when I tried to enable options within the console such as Firewall.
As detailed by other users you need to have added various McAfee apps to the Full Disk Access list within the Privacy tab of Security & Privacy in Settings. I’d added a number such as fmpd a few weeks ago when I got my new iMac but the one I added a short while ago (this evening) thanks to information on this thread was shieldscanmanager. You can find details of all the files on this topic thread. I don’t know whether doing this in fact prompted the update of the Anti-Virus software just now ...?!
But even so I got a warning within the console that the anti-virus Firewall isn’t currently available on macOS Big Sur (“we are working as fast as we can to fix this” it says as well) . However I noticed that the McAfee Firewall does show as activated if you turn off the Mac firewall - for me anyway. I did this on a purely experimental basis for a few moments!
I am using the Mac firewall only currently.
(I have Big Sur 11.0.1).
Good to hear you finally made it. However, I got that far too and all seemed to be well. Then, after a few days, McAfee refused to launch and has continued to do so. I have since twice uninstalled and reinstalled it but it has made no difference. It left me with no option but to purchase another program, which I was fortunately able to buy at a large discount.
I'm trying to remain optimistic but....
Same for me after a few days in just froze completely. Had to uninstall again!
Thank you for your continued patience. I have some good news 😁
Today McAfee will be rolling out a release to address the bugs which were experienced with the Big Sur release. Release 4.10.1 will commence roll out today and here is what you need to know,
Steps to take for any user on Big Sur with version 4.10 BT Virus Protect to get to version 4.10.1:
Note that the firewall disabled issue will remain and is now planned for a fix in the next release, version 4.11, this has been planned in for January but we will let you know if there are any changes to that.