cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 301 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I have followed the instructions you have given but the firewall remains off !

0 Ratings
Message 302 of 366

Hi @Philip4 I'm sorry about that, I'll feed this back to the Cloud team. Just to be sure, have you followed Sean's instructions to enable the firewall in the security console?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 303 of 366

@Jim-lad Helpful. Have you been reading this. Why are you even commenting?

0 Ratings
Message 304 of 366

@SeanD 

So.

My experience is that I went onto my MacBook and signed into the webpage. I went to download the product and was surprised to be told that I was using 3 of my 2 licenses (?). Upon checking, 2 of these were for a PC - I have one. Both of these were used within the past week. The third was my Mac. I removed one of the PC ones - no idea what that will do to it.

I couldn't see a Download products - just My Account and Installed McAfee Apps. BT Virus Protect via BT and then two options - Deactivate and Reinstall.

Any advice on what to do next then please?

Kyle

(Oh there was a Download True Key thing as well)

0 Ratings
Message 305 of 366

Hi, @kylerickards can you try the reinstall option and let me know if that works?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 306 of 366

Clicked reinstall and entered key. Asked me to allow system extension (only asked once). Firewall in security settings showed as on.

Clicked on At Risk in the taskbar, opened a webpage saying the firewall was not on and the dialogue said "we need access to... fully protect you... select fmpd, vshieldscanmanager, vshieldscanner and genutility'. Allowed that and it seemed to work.

Did a full scan which suddenly stopped after a while with the error message "No response from scanners"

So I have no idea.

0 Ratings
Message 307 of 366

@kylerickardswrote:

@Jim-lad Helpful. Have you been reading this. Why are you even commenting?

I'm simply pointing out you don't need Virus Protect on a Mac, a total waste of time which will achieve nothing except slow your Mac down.

0 Ratings
Message 308 of 366

Completely incorrect to to say it is a total waste of time to install antivirus suites . They are not totally immune.  

0 Ratings
Message 309 of 366

@Jim-lad It’s true that there are fewer attacks in Macs (as they’re in the minority) but they are not immune. 

https://www.vital.co.uk/blog/debunking-it-myths-are-macs-immune-to-viruses/

0 Ratings
Message 310 of 366

Followed the instructions and still no firewall . Looks like we are being used to test for mcafee and bt as it's obvious they have not tested it first.

0 Ratings