cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

This is a BT issue, not a MacOs or indeed Apple issue...

From MacAfee website "IMPORTANT: Real-Time Scanning, and the Firewall in your McAfee software will stop working if you upgrade to macOS Big Sur while still running McAfee security software version 4.9 or earlier. To remain protected, do not upgrade to Big Sur if your McAfee software is at version 4.9 or earlier."

Reading more, MacAfee have a version (4.10.0.0 released in Oct 2020) that works with MacOs11 its just that BT have not adopted it and pushed it out via Virus Protect.

Message 12 of 366

Net Protect

Just upgraded my Mac to Big Sur and during the reload got a Net Protect message "click allow in the Security & Privacy window to let us load your software" but cant find an allow button to click ?

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 13.35.26.png

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 13.42.57 copy.png

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 366

I have had exactly the same problem. Been on to BT and spoke to several different advisors who all claimed no knowledge except for the last one who looked at the issue. He told me that in order for BT to rectify the problem the Development Team would have to update the McAffee Anti Virus software to the one that is compatible with Big Sur. So there's nothing to be done until BT makes this update. I asked how the team should be informed of the issue but it seems we have to hope that one of them is monitoring this forum! I'm not in the least impressed!

Message 14 of 366

If all who have the problem raise a complaint via MyBT, hopefully the penny will drop within BT sooner.

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 366

You will not  "have to hope that one of them is monitoring this forum!"

The moderators of the forum have been informed about this thread and they will pass the information on to the relevant BT Team.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 366

I have already passed this issue into BT (I used to work for them), it is clearly their issue not MacAfee or Apple.

There is a version of MacAfee that works, BT just have not yet pushed it out.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 366

Re: Net Protect

OK I've seen lots of information about removing and re-installing Net Protect Plus which I did and once re-installed it is still telling me to click 'allow' in the Security & Privacy. I've been through all the tabs and there is no allow button anywhere. If no one has any suggestions can I ask if anyone can direct me to the correct people within BT who are responsible for the product. Like most support pages BT' are useless at pointing you at anything other than FAQ's

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 366

Re: Net Protect

Exactly the same issue here

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 366

I am having exactly the same issues here....thanks everyone for comments.

I have uninstalled McAfee from BT for now and will reinstall when the latest version is made available by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 366

I have had exactly the same problem with similar outcomes. BT passed the buck to McAfee but when calling their office in Swindon I hit a brick wall getting a garbled American accent telling me to call back later.

A message was sent by BT several weeks ago warning of this problem but after calling both them and McAfee they both claimed to have no knowledge of this.

If this can't be sorted out quickly I may resort to switching supplier when my contract ends.

0 Ratings