cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

I am thinking about downloading Kaspersky Security Cloud Free or Avast Free - does anyone have any info about them.

Pretty fed up with BT down here.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 366

I have also just emailed Philip Janssen.  I hope it does some good but I doubt it since, obviously, BT's customer care team are oblivious to this community message board's contents.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 366

Suggest we all raise as a complaint - I would raise as a fault but didn't fancy having my broadband taken down while they tested it or send an engineer round and charging me because my broadband isn't faulty. Anyone know how to raise a software fault with BT ?

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 366

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I'm sorry there's compatibility issues with the Virus Protect. I'm chasing this today and once I have a response I'll get back to you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 366

Any news on an update for the software?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 366

We are all very frustrated and all have the same issue what are BT doing to solve

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 366

Hi all,

We'll have an update for you all very soon. Thanks for your patience with this.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 366

Hi everyone,

Thank you for highlighting the problems some of you have come across with BT Virus Protect, after installing the latest Mac OS release (Big Sur) which was released on 12 November.  We are very sorry that you have run into some problems.

We have been in touch McAfee and they have confirmed that they are going to release an emergency patch, which will fix the setup issue.  This will resolve the problem you are having with BT Virus Protect. We expect this to complete later today around 6pm.

McAfee has shared the following steps to take after the emergency patch has been deployed:

Update your BT Virus Protect to the version 4.10.00 or later to resolve this issue. Here's how:

1. Click the McAfee M icon in the menu bar.
  2. Click McAfee (product name). For example, BT Virus Protect.
  3. Click the Home tab, then click Updates.
  4. Click Start to start the update process. Wait for the update to complete.
  5. If prompted, restart your Mac.

When the update completes, you will no longer see the ‘allow us to continue your setup’ message.

NOTE: When you open your McAfee software, you might notice that the Firewall component is turned off and can't be turned on.

A message says that the Firewall is unavailable:

McAfee is sorry, but Firewall is currently not available on macOS Big Sur.  They are working as fast as they can to fix this, and we expect a fix for this planned for 1 December.

Cheers

David

Message 39 of 366

Hi David

This is the same fix that appears on the McAfee site which lots of us tried yesterday.

Can you clear something up please.  When you say 'Click on the McAfee M Icon in the menu bar' can you clarify what you mean.  I'm presuming that this isn't on the BT McAfee app but on a website?  In any event can I suggest you clarify and post some screen shots as otherwise you are going to get a host of very unhappy users which will add to the frustration.

Can you also explain to me why an outfit as large as McAfee can't address a major problem with a Firewall in advance of the issue of the new operating system.  Isn't it time that BT contracted with another supplier?  McAfee doesn't come out as well as, say, Kaspersky in tests conducted by Which?

Many thanks

Chris

Message 40 of 366

I got a 14 days free trial of the full Malwarebytes to tied me over until BT hopefully have the latest Mcafee version to download.

0 Ratings