cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

@CMUNM I’m not sure what I would have done differently I’m afraid.  I just clicked the “updates” button which doesn’t appear to be showing on your screenshot. You do have a “verify” button bottom right. Do you need to verify your subscription (maybe with the licence key you were given at download)?

KR

Stu

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 366

have you tried rebooting, I did and now running 4.10.

Firewall still cant be turned on though.

Message 53 of 366

In the Mac Privacy settings there is no Virusshieldscanmanager to allow Full Disc access.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 366

Hiya. A few posts back in this thread I have posted a link to a mcafee site which tells you how to resolve this 🙂 (see msg 49)

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 366

There seem to still be bugs with the latest patch. Thankfully the pop ups have gone.

BT Mcafee asks users to give access to Vshieldscanmanager this does not exist and cant be added.

Any news on when an update / Patch will be released that actually works properly.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 366

@craftycooky  Please see my post (message 49) for the issue you’re having. There’s a link that tells you how to resolve the issue. 
KR

Stu

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 366

Thanks I saw that but I don't have the vshieldscanmanager and cant add it.

I just have

vshieldscanner

vsheildtaskmanager

genultility

fmpd

All are ticked

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 366

@craftycooky  I understand, as that’s the exact position i was in!

On the page I linked to, if you expand “option 2” it will give you full instructions. I have copied them here for your ease. The instructions contain where to find it in step 5, but follow them from start to finish. I followed this and it worked:

What to do if one or more of the components are missing
If one or more of the components are missing, follow these steps to add them:

1. With Full Disk Accessselected on the left side, click the plus (+) icon in the center of the Security & Privacydialog box.
  2. Press the Command+Shift+G keys together to open the Go to the Folder dialog box.
  3. Type /usr/local/McAfee, and click Go

4. Browse to the first missing McAfee component, and click Open to grant it Full Disk Access.
  5. Repeat the step above for each of the missing components.

The paths for each of the four components are shown here:

• fmp/bin/fmpd
    • AntiMalware/VShieldScanner
    • AntiMalware/VShieldScanManager
    • fmp/bin/GenUtility

6. When all four components are shown in the Security & Privacy list, make sure that each one has a blue checkmark as shown above.
  7. When you're done, click the lock to save your changes, then close System Preferences.
Message 59 of 366

Thanks for the tip.  Yes rebooting worked and now running 4.10 which has got rid of the dreaded pop-ups. Let's hope McAfee will sort out the Firewall issue asap.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 366

@Stu126 

Thank you, lost the detail in all the posts.

Seems to be working now.