My understanding is the previous version cannot be updated, even by pressing update, and that we have to download the latest version 10 - which BT aid not supplying - Ive just tried and it’s still version 9.
In fact I did manage to update to 4.10 yesterday using the update on the BT Virus Protect site.
It worked for me. I upgraded by:
1) Click right on red McAfee Logo on top menu tab
2) Double Click to open BT Virus Protect Console
3) Click Updates in middle at the bottom of Console window
4) Click start and wait until updates tells you updated. (maybe restart as well)
5)Again click right on top menu tab, click on About BT Virus Protects, it should have updated to version 126.96.36.199 (945).
(But Firewall still not working, however my Mac Firewall is switched on and working ok, no more pop-ups!)
Hi CMUNM / Chris
"Kaspersky in tests conducted by Which?"
Barclays Bank used to provide Kaspersky as a free benefit to its internet-banking customers, but dropped Kaspersky after potential 'issues' with the Kaspersky company were publicised.
"Barclays has stopped offering free Kaspersky anti-virus products to new customers following an official warning about Russian security software."
I’ve raised a formal complaint via my BT. Not a solution I know, but hopefully it will get escalated. Perhaps others can do the same?
As I had removed the old version of BT Virus Protect, my route to getting version 4.10 running was:
1) Download and instal BT Virus Protect (version 4.9) from the BT website
2) After installation, check for Virus Protect updates, using the facility on the 'Home' tab of Virus Protect
3) Wait for the download and installation of version 4.10 to complete
Virus Protect firewall will not have been turned on but, following the installation in (3) above, there is an on-screen BT notification of this, also advice that a further update is being worked on.
The Big Sur firewall can be switched on pending the further BT update.
No more 'pop-ups'.