cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidw1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Manage parental controls error message

Does anyone have any idea as to how to make BT sort out a problem with parental controls? Clicking on the Manage parental controls link in My BT produces the error message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again in 15 minutes." This is a permanent error. 15 minutes is now 15 days. Since I discovered BT parental conytrols had been installed and activated on my upgraded (that's a joke) broadband service without my knowledge, and then found the error message response, I've been trying to get BT to sort it out so I have control. It's been the best part of two weeks. I've talked to umpteen people, had BT people (genuine, not scammers)  take over my computer, all to no avail. That BT's service stinks almost goes without saying. Does anyone have any ideas? My basic issue is that the firewall BT have imposed, and are failing io do anything about, is  -- according to Panasonic -- screwing up my Smart TV.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Manage parental controls error message

@davidw1 I'm sorry about the problems you've had when trying to switch of parental controls. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
davidw1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hello, Neil. Have been trying but clicking on the link, when I found it, brings up the helpful message: There is an error with your request.

0 Ratings
davidw1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

After maybe a dozen attempts, finally got a contact us form up and have filled it in and submited it. Hope it was the right form.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@davidw1 sorry about that, yes I can see your details in our email queue. 

0 Ratings