cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redls
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Login

McAfee  asking me to login ... What with?

New computer, went onto my BT and downloaded McAfee, having got quite used to its eccentricities on my old desktop. However, when I tried to activate McAfee Advisor I got a pop up saying  Welcome back (nice) then asking me to log in ... I tried my BT login details which didn't work, so what on earth do they want? 

It does seem to be a Microsoft issue, because the McAfeeAdviser logo appears on Chrome and Firefox. When I look at my Addons it tells me McAfeeAdvisor is enabled ... rather puzzled ... Though everything else is working, this is a little irritating.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Login

Did your new computer come with a free trial of McAfee or even possibly a years subscription to McAfee?

If it did it could be that it has been activated and is conflicting with the BT version.

0 Ratings
redls
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I have never had an account with McAfee!  I only ever downloaded McAfee through BT,  My computer was specifically built for me and my tech knew I intended to download McAfee through BT ... anyway, when it was downloaded the programme would have found any other version and removed it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@redls wrote:

... anyway, when it was downloaded the programme would have found any other version and removed it.

Not necessarily if it was a McAfee product but as you did not have it installed in the first place it is irrelevant.

0 Ratings