cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 11 of 20

Re: McAfee reinstalling problem when told a restart in required

Hi @thewheelshavecomeoff I'm sorry to see you're having problems with the BT Virus protect service.  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll raise a fault to get that looked into.

0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

hi Neil0

tried to send a private message reply but its come back with awarning

You have reached the limit for the number of private messages that you cansend now

Mike
0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

able to send it now

Mike
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 14 of 20

Hi @thewheelshavecomeoff  Sorry you had a problem initially sending the PM. I've checked and we have received it and one of the team will be in touch soon to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

AS i have not heard anything from a member of the team I thought I would have another  go but to no avail.

I have rerun every McAfee tool that is in the box to delete old versions, cleared temp files and cache.

Mcafee problem1.JPG

This is true i did have to download on that day but I am mystified where it comes from??????

I then click on Agree and download and  after a few moments i get the message below.

I click close and restart my PC and when it boots up nothing happens.

Mcafee problem2.JPG

Mike
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 20

Hi @thewheelshavecomeoff I'm really sorry you were not contacted back. Can you try running the McAfee Virtual Technician. If that doesn't work I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we will get back to you.

0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Hi Neil0

Tried to send a private message but it has reached the limit of private messages try later

Mike
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 18 of 20

Hi @thewheelshavecomeoff  sorry about that. Try again now as this issue usually clears after a few minutes. Let me know if you still can't reply to Neil.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

just the same, when I do  do send message a red warning abot HTML being removed and when I send again i get

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Mike
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 20 of 20

Hi @thewheelshavecomeoff  thanks for trying again and sorry it's still not working. Would you try switching off your private messages for a few minutes and then switch them back on and try again?

Thanks
John

0 Ratings